Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Superman

Spaceman Spiff

superman-returns-20050831091915947-000.jpg

Exclusive Premiere: Superman Returns Teaser Poster

The Man of Steel is back. Dig the new one-sheet...

by IGN FilmForce

August 31, 2005 - Ready for the big-screen return of Superman? Well, if you're not then you will be after seeing the sweet new teaser poster. Check it out exclusively, for the time being, at the link below and be sure to click the image to view a super-sized version!

Superman Returns, starring newcomer Brandon Routh as the Man of Steel, begins as Superman returns to Earth after a mysterious absence of several years. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

Bryan Singer (X2, X-Men, The Usual Suspects) is helming the Warner Bros. flick from a script by Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. In addition to Routh, the film stars Kate Bosworth (Beyond the Sea, Blue Crush), James Marsden (X2, X-Men), Frank Langella (HBO's Unscripted), Eva Marie Saint (North By Northwest), Parker Posey (Best in Show), Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle), Sam Huntington (Detroit Rock City) and Kevin Spacey (Beyond the Sea, American Beauty, The Usual Suspects).

During our recent trip to Comic-Con, we listened as Singer answered some questions about the forthcoming flick. He says that Returns plays off Superman: The Movie and vaguely references Superman II. Marlon Brando as Jor-El plays a small part, and was recreated with state of the art technology. Brando isn't the only thing being brought back from the original film. Although longtime collaborator John Ottman will be composing the score, John Williams' classic theme will be incorporated.

As for how the film will fit in with The WB's Smallville, Singer met with the show's brain trust Miles Millar and Alfred Gough to compare notes. The projects are not directly connected, but they won't conflict either.

Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor is not being written in a comedic style like the original films. Singer is instead aiming for a combination of humor and villainy.

We'll have more on Superman Returns here in the months to come. The film hits theaters on June 30, 2006.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/646/646957p1.html

-------------------------

I'm not a huge superman fan, but i'll be looking forward to this film. Singer did a good job with X-men, so I have faith it'll be pretty solid. Not sure how I feel about having a no-name actor as Superman though, I could see it going either way.

And I'll also say I never liked the Christopher Reeve superman movies. Hopefully this will erase those oldsters from my memory :doh:

Archived