Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bears finally get Benson signed

Chrisbob74

From ChicagoBears.com

LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Bears first-round draft pick Cedric Benson finally ended his holdout Sunday, agreeing to a five-year contract.

The deal comes three days after the rookie running back showed up at Halas Hall with advisor Brian Peters for an impromptu meeting with Jerry Angelo and 10 days after the Bears general manager had issued a statement announcing that the team had made its "best and final offer."

Looks like he'll be playing against us in Week One then, although I think this holdout may cost him because Thomas Jones has done well in his absense and he isn't a bad RB. With the playbook to digest and his body to get into game shape it may take him some time to become the feature back.

From ChicagoBears.com

Looks like he'll be playing against us in Week One then, although I think this holdout may cost him because Thomas Jones has done well in his absense and he isn't a bad RB. With the playbook to digest and his body to get into game shape it may take him some time to become the feature back.

I think he'll be limited in the amount of carries against us. Really I don't think he'll play in week one at all. Jones has looked good and I'd rather have him start now than a guy who probably doesn't know the playbook well and may or may not be in shape.

Any other team in the NFL maybe he wouldn't get the nod but if its the bears then Yes, he will start against us. As it was stated earlier though he is not going to be that effective against our defense because he held out.

Rex is injured again and they also have a rookie QB in the line up. So unless they get incredibly lucky.....

Archived