Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gaza Pullout Begins

visionary

I think Sharon is not going out on a limb here. Look at possible solutions to this situation... There will either be peace, or Israel would have to build a huge fense around West Bank and Gaza. Neither can be accomplished while settlements are still there.

Also, if desired results are not achieved, this move gives Israel great moral and political ground to go after palestenian terrorists HARD. This move can finally show to the rest of the world that palestenian terror is an objective all in itself. The "noble cause" is nothing more then a tool used by upper management of terrorist organizations to keep running their organizations.

Perhaps this move will force separation between the terrorism and its supposed cause. Right now they are too close together, many get confused. History holds plenty of cases where forms of terrorism were used to advance a political cause (Jews themselves resorted to terrorism against Britain in early 1900s, if I am not mistaken). However, palestenian terrorism is not like that. Palestenian terror is about hate. I hope I am mistaken, but that is not likely. In either case, Gaza pullout can be a very good thing.

If poor Palestenians are fighting to stop the occupation - the pullout should be VERY effective at stopping the terror. If palestenian terrorists are killing Jews in order to kill Jews - then the pullout will reveal their true motives (at least to the Western world), and justify harsher actions on Israel's behalf.

Keep in mind that most terrorist organizations are organizations. They have people on top, these people have power. They have soldiers who are expendable. People in charge of terrorist organizations are not doing it for the "noble cause." By running these organizations they have POWER. They will not want to give up their power, even if their stated objectives are met.

Originally posted by AlexRS

I think Sharon is not going out on a limb here. Look at possible solutions to this situation... There will either be peace, or Israel would have to build a huge fense around West Bank and Gaza. Neither can be accomplished while settlements are still there.

Also, if desired results are not achieved, this move gives Israel great moral and political ground to go after palestenian terrorists HARD. This move can finally show to the rest of the world that palestenian terror is an objective all in itself. The "noble cause" is nothing more then a tool used by upper management of terrorist organizations to keep running their organizations.

Perhaps this move will force separation between the terrorism and its supposed cause. Right now they are too close together, many get confused. History holds plenty of cases where forms of terrorism were used to advance a political cause (Jews themselves resorted to terrorism against Britain in early 1900s, if I am not mistaken). However, palestenian terrorism is not like that. Palestenian terror is about hate. I hope I am mistaken, but that is not likely. In either case, Gaza pullout can be a very good thing.

If poor Palestenians are fighting to stop the occupation - the pullout should be VERY effective at stopping the terror. If palestenian terrorists are killing Jews in order to kill Jews - then the pullout will reveal their true motives (at least to the Western world), and justify harsher actions on Israel's behalf.

Keep in mind that most terrorist organizations are organizations. They have people on top, these people have power. They have soldiers who are expendable. People in charge of terrorist organizations are not doing it for the "noble cause." By running these organizations they have POWER. They will not want to give up their power, even if their stated objectives are met.

Nice post, not sure if I agree with all of that, but it was a very interesting take on the situation, including some very good points as well about what might come next.

Archived