Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the season ticket waiting list is sooo long...

RonJeremy

Originally posted by RonJeremy

WOW! :yikes:

Seems like the parking passes are more valuable than the tickets. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I have a green pass and just pay face value for it!

You ain't kiddin'. I could sell the parking pass and put my kids through college :D

Question for those who do not have a parking pass - did you get your season tix after 1999? The reason I ask is that's when I got my tickets...and on the original invoice in 1999 they asked if I wanted a park pass....if I remember correctly I could have chosen green/red/whatever...I chose green because they were cheaper.

...but I'm wondering if they ran out of spaces after 1999 and that's why people are screwed now?

Originally posted by SkinsNut73

You ain't kiddin'. I could sell the parking pass and put my kids through college :D

Question for those who do not have a parking pass - did you get your season tix after 1999? The reason I ask is that's when I got my tickets...and on the original invoice in 1999 they asked if I wanted a park pass....if I remember correctly I could have chosen green/red/whatever...I chose green because they were cheaper.

...but I'm wondering if they ran out of spaces after 1999 and that's why people are screwed now?

Yes I got mine after 1999.

I think the claims of 100,000 people being on the season ticket waiting list is another one of Snyder's marketing gimmicks.

As much as I appreciate the new stadium, because it did allow me to get tickets, I can't believe how the "value" and overall interest in Redskin tickets has declined over the years.

Maybe it's the 92,000 seats, the lack of winning, the cost, the entire gameday experience filled with outrageous concessions, traffic and a parking nightmare...

but damn it, growing up, I can count on one hand the amount of times I was lucky enough to attend a regular season game at RFK.... I looked at people with tickets as god-like figures....

Today there are a ridiculous amount of opposing fans... there are a ridiculous amount of empty seats... and lately, you can't even sell your tickets for face value...

I just hate the fact knowing that having Redskin tickets doesn't mean what it used to mean. Can anyone relate here?

I have noticed that same thing jwebst1. I think part of it is how many corporate seats were/are given out every year. And the brokers that are out there now! I do not know how to fix the situation but it has definately gotten out of control.

Originally posted by jwebst1

I think the claims of 100,000 people being on the season ticket waiting list is another one of Snyder's marketing gimmicks.

I believe there are 100,000 people on the list....but maybe 50% of them (or less maybe) are serious about getting tickets. I think when you have promotions to "get a free this-or-that" when you sign up for the waiting list then you get a lot of people who already have tickets signing up again....so there's a lot of fluff in those numbers.

I signed up for the season ticket waiting list in 1984 when I was a senior in high school. I had plans on relocating to the DC area so I could go to more Skins games...if my number ever came up. In those first few years I only moved up 200-300 people on the list (I started out at 38,616 - still have the original postcard they sent me). I did not have a prayer of ever getting tickets at that rate.

My dad put his name on the list when he came to a game with me in 1999. He was offered tickets in 2004.

I had a 15 year wait...he had 5.

I just hate the fact knowing that having Redskin tickets doesn't mean what it used to mean. Can anyone relate here?

So true. Those tickets were more valuable than gold back in the RFK days. People used to think I was nuts paying 3x face value for some games....but those tickets were worth every single penny. Now, with season tickets, I feel like I'm getting ripped off:laugh:

Originally posted by Huly

I have noticed that same thing jwebst1. I think part of it is how many corporate seats were/are given out every year. And the brokers that are out there now! I do not know how to fix the situation but it has definately gotten out of control.

Huly, I'm glad someone agrees...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but people used to look at Skins season ticket holders differently. They were looked at as special and lucky... people, like myself, wished they could be in their shoes...

Now we are just ordinary joes. the waiting list turns over 40,000 names per year... but even that doesn't matter anymore because you can always find someone, whether it's a broker at a little over face value, or a friend at or below face value, and get to a game.

Don't want to beat a dead horse, because I've made my point, but the whole situation is just very, very sad to me....

Again, I'm thankful for my tickets, but I would gladly give them up and go back onto the waiting list if things were the way they used to be.... call me crazy, but it would make it that much more special when my name was called. now I have buddies who have been on the wait list for 2 years getting called.

Originally posted by jwebst1

Today there are a ridiculous amount of opposing fans...

Can anyone relate here?

Yes - This will be my second season as a ticket holder (Upper Deck - and loving it), and it was frustrating last year sitting next to all of those opposing fans - EVEN THE DALLAS GAME!!! I remember when Dallas came to town - you would start seeing people with "Beat Dallas" signs on their cars the MONDAY prior to the game!!

Last year, I was outnumbered in my own row (and the row in front of me).

Originally posted by CEJ2200

Yes - This will be my second season as a ticket holder (Upper Deck - and loving it), and it was frustrating last year sitting next to all of those opposing fans - EVEN THE DALLAS GAME!!! I remember when Dallas came to town - you would start seeing people with "Beat Dallas" signs on their cars the MONDAY prior to the game!!

Last year, I was outnumbered in my own row (and the row in front of me).

I'm typically a mild-mannered dude....takes an awful lot to get me angry or riled up. But the Monday night "pepper spray" game against the Eagles...well, I was wondering how much time I would have to serve if I tossed a couple of Eagle fans off the top of FedEx:laugh:

All game long this one guy never shut up...talking about "this is our house...we own this stadium....hey mr. security guard can you get these Redskin fans out of OUR section". I was in a sea of green that night....sad.

Originally posted by SkinsNut73

I'm typically a mild-mannered dude....takes an awful lot to get me angry or riled up. But the Monday night "pepper spray" game against the Eagles...well, I was wondering how much time I would have to serve if I tossed a couple of Eagle fans off the top of FedEx:laugh:

All game long this one guy never shut up...talking about "this is our house...we own this stadium....hey mr. security guard can you get these Redskin fans out of OUR section". I was in a sea of green that night....sad.

That game was UGLY, saw more fights that night then any other time I have been at a game.

Been going regularly for the past 10-12 years.

uh, the Eagles game... that's the one game I almost hate going to every year... last year I saw a 20-yr old Eagle fan go off on a 60-year old Skins fan because he asked him to sit down. The kid asked him if he wanted to fight...... I mean, come on. From the E-A-G-L-E-S chants to the obnoxious fans, they have topped Dallas on my most hated team list.

Archived