38 members have voted

1. 1. The Offseason is Like

• Dental Surgery
    • Flat/Warm Milwaukee's Best
    • Brussel Sprout Stew
    • Enforced Abstinence
    • All of the Above
    • Other (write-in)

I doubt any Redskins fan is really surprised that LaVar Arrington was considered most likely to be the 2002 Defensive MVP by voting members of Extremeskins ... but I'm betting many of you are as surprised as I am that he got 76 of the 90 votes cast. A defensive squad with Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot, Jeremiah Trotter, Jessie Armstead ... you go, LA.

No pressure, though. :)

New poll is up on the main page. Proceed with caution.

two guys that will surprise are Armstead and Wynn, players that have been all but forgotten by the bigger names and salaries surrounding them.

the Jags played a scheme for Brackens and Walker to get pressure on the qb, while Wynn was used primarily as a run defender. it wouldn't be a surprise to see Wynn post 6 or 7 sacks this season and provide more of a rush than anticipated.

I think Armstead will be the Redskins leading rusher from the LB spot. He was very effective with the Giants in that role. Blitzing requires timing and technique as well as raw measurables and that's why I think Jessie will lead the way and LaVar will follow.

Hey all. New poster here. I'm counting the days until training camp is here. Less than a week. As far as darkhorse breakout performers during camp my $$$ is on Cliff Russell. If he can stay healthy he is gonna burn some corners in this league. See ya at Fedex Field!!!

Alright gbear, 10 demerits for making me go home last night and check to make sure nothing was growing in the tank. Yuck, man.

Dickens ... welcome. So what you're basically saying is the offseason is the best of times AND the worst of times.

Bulldog ... echo your thought on Armstead. He may well take full advantage of being the "third" LB in the 2002 corps and fly under the radar to a stealth Pro Bowl year. Take a beer out of petty cash.

Don't worry about the latest poll too much. I'll pull the plug on it in the next day or two in favor of something a bit less painful. :)

Some John Clayton report on ESPN last night explained that with the insurance factor of Jesse Armstead and Jeremiah Trotter doing mop up duty, Marvin Lewis expects to send LaVar on plenty of blitzes this season, no matter the down or distance.

Remember when he asked for #56? And stood on stage with Chris Samuels with his tongue hanging out, laughing as he draped LT's number over his suit?

It's on, boys. If we set free the beast on the blitz, this could be one fun season!

a_skins.jpg

Archived