Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joke: Good news for Redskins, Brunell actually right handed.

BlitzFiftySix

I saw this on another site and thought it was pretty funny. I hope you enjoy!

Good News For The ‘Skins: Brunell Is Actually Right-Handed

Landover, MD – Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs dropped a bombshell during his weekly press conference yesterday. Coach Gibbs said that coaches have determined that veteran QB Mark Brunell is actually right-handed. Brunell, who turns 35 this year, had previously been throwing the ball with his left hand since he started playing Pee-Wee football in 1978. He earned three Pro Bowl trips while playing QB lefty for the Jaguars from 1995 to 2003.

“This is very exciting for us to learn that Mark is actually not a terrible, rag-armed, wildly-inaccurate, washed-up, left-handed signal-caller,” said Gibbs. “Now that we know that Mark is actually right-handed, we will begin helping him with the transition. The footwork and mechanics will be different for him, but I think that Mark will be able to pick things up very quickly and help lead the Redskins to the playoffs in 2005,” Gibbs said excitedly.

Upon learning the news, team owner Dan Snyder immediately gave Brunell an extra $7.4 million dollar “arm preference status change” bonus, even though neither Brunell nor his agent ever asked for it.

Said Snyder, “I knew there was something big wrong with Mark last year. I mean, he completed less than half of his passes, he threw several wobbly downfield ducks that were intercepted, and his QB rating was only 63.9.”

Gibbs now plans to give the right-handed Brunell another shot as starting QB in 2005. Patrick Ramsey will back him up, and rookie Jason Campbell will be third-string

Archived