Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Extreme Hogs" Fantasy Football - Season Two

Canadian Hog

Hey guys,

With training camp just around the corner, it's that time of year where men start treating their wives and girlfriends with spending money and day passes at the spa, while they start preparing for hours on end for another competitive season of fantasy football. :)

I will be running my second annual "Extreme Hogs" fantasy football league, which is open to Extremeskins members. A year ago, we had a very successful season, with all but one GM participating actively throughout the WHOLE season.

A year ago, we used yahoo as our fantasy football host. However, nfl.com is back with a free fantasy football platform this season. I prefer nfl.com due to the following reasons:

1) They divide the twelve team league into three four-team divisions. Three division winners along with the top non-division winner makes the playoffs. With greater emphasis on winning your division, it ensures that more teams stay alive throughout the season.

2) The draft process. I will be using the automated draft procedure again this season. I like nfl.com better than yahoo in the sense that you rank players by position, rather than overall - this simplifies things a great deal. Additionally, you have greater control as a GM over the automated procedure via nfl.com because you dictate exactly what position you want drafted in each round.

With that being said, I'm looking for seven extremeskins.com members who are seriously interested in playing - I have four other buddies of mine who are going to fill out our 12 team league. Don't just sign up for the sake of signing up, and then when the season arrives I see that you have a guy who is on injured reserve in your starting lineup every week. That really puts a damper on things and ruins it for the other GMs who are serious about it.

We will be using a standard scoring system, and our automated draft is set for September 4th - two days after the conclusion of the preseason.

The first seven guys who private message me will receive the league password needed to enter the league.

If ALL GMs were open to this, I was thinking about the following:

We all pitch in X amount of dollars (doesn't have to be an enormous amount), and the winner gets an extremeskins donation in their name. But this is something that can be discussed amongst us once our GM roster is filled out. I would be willing to collect funds and send them off to the site in the winner's name.

Thanks, and good luck this season !

- CH :helmet:

I'm definitely in. I joined a league from this site last year and won it (not sure whether it was this league or another one that started on this site). Is this the one Canadian Hog? Do you remember who the winner was?

herrmag,

I'm guessing you weren't in "Extreme Hogs" a year ago. The winner of the league was Cdn_Pack - a friend of mine and lurker on this site.

We are glad to have you though. I will send over league information that you need to register on nfl.com.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Canadian Hog

herrmag,

I'm guessing you weren't in "Extreme Hogs" a year ago. The winner of the league was Cdn_Pack - a friend of mine and lurker on this site.

We are glad to have you though. I will send over league information that you need to register on nfl.com.

Thanks.

Darn, I never did get a chance to brag about my championship.:(

Archived