Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo's NFC Rankings

ratbert_rizzo

Originally posted by denverdan

15. Old-school Bill Parcells philosophy is going to run 205 pound Julius Jones into the ground because Older than School Drew Bledsoe, Keyshawn Johnson and Terry Glenn will not be able to give him any help. The retooled defense is expected to be on it's tailbone.

:rotflmao:

Originally posted by a_good_brotha

How in the world is Seattle number 5? Anyways, I think the Panthers are being overlooked.

They have them at number 4! I do think they should be at number 2 behind the Iggles, and Minny is ranked too high.

I don't understand the love for Dallas, but even moreso I don't understand the love for Seattle!!! They've proven time and time again that they just like to quit and give up, and not play hard. They've proven time and time again that they don't have the sac to make it deep into the playoffs. They just aren't that good! And they lost arguably their two best defensive players this offseason (Lucas and Okeafor), not to mention the Alexander situation is still in limbo (if I'm not mistaken).

Sportswriters are morons.

Originally posted by Tarpon75

A defense full of new players and a new system and they should be the backbone of the team.Makes perfect sense.They Cowboys probably won't lose a game.

This gets me too. Putting aside my DallasHate Glasses, I don't understand how a defensive unit with an entirely new scheme and several new players would be expected to be the backbone of its team immediately. Probably will turn out great in a couple of years, maybe even be great this year (hope not!), but most of the sports writers seem to set it in stone when the situation is far from it. Plus the major offensive acquisition on offense is a pocket passer when the o-line isn't very strong, with no change to a none too great receiving core.

So I would realistically put the Cowboys right next to us and the Giants, all 6-10 teams who have high hopes for the season.

If anything, I think I'll put the team with a returning top NFL defense, a beefed up o-line, a returning QB who performed better and better as the season went on, and an offensive scheme tweaked (not entirely rewritten) to suit the big play abilities of its star running back and newly acquired speed receivers, ---- yeah I'd put that team higher than the other two. Realistically speaking, of course.

Go Skins

:point2sky

Originally posted by The Bounty Hunter #21

FALCONS'S #2 wtf..Vick cant carry this team all the way by himself

He doesn't have to! In case you weren't paying attention last season, the Falcon's defense wasn't half bad at all.

But, even if you think Vick has to do it all himself, he can! Remember the NFC Championship game last year? Which two teams were in it? I can't remember.... ;)

Originally posted by Matador36

How in hell?

1. "Michael Bennett to stay healthy" :laugh:

2. "Don't expect the defense to click immediately. With five major additions, it's going to take time for Minnesota's talent to come together" ...with the same bad defensive system yeah right

Funny how in Minnesota its going to take time, but in Dallas the defense is going to be superb instantly. :doh:

I will say, in defense of this sportswriter, it's quite difficult to rank the NFC. There simply are very few proven good teams. After the top 4 (which I consider to be Philly, Atlanta, Carolina, and Minnesota) it's very difficult to rank them. This is how I did it on another site:

1. Eagles

2. Falcons

3. Panthers

4. Vikings

5. Seahawks

6. Packers

7. Redskins

8. Rams

9. Cowboys

10. Cardinals

11. Lions

12. Saints

13. Bucs

14. Bears

15. Giants

16. 49ers

I broke them into categories of teams that I feel are basically interchangeable. I found it fairly difficult to do them.

Vikes aren't in the top 4; no way! Especially not after losing Moss. They needed a win against us to ensure the playoffs, and the Skins spanked 'em. Well, maybe it was a little closer than that, but we still beat 'em. So at the best, they deserve to be in that group with the Skins.

Archived