Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I don't know if there are any Doctors in here but...

Warhead36

My throat has been feeling a bit rocky the past couple days. It's fine until I want to swallow food. It makes it really hard to swallow, and it seems like there is a rock or some kind of bump along my throat thats giving me pain whenever I swallow.

Whats happening and should I go to a Doctor?

You might have strep. And yeah, go to the doctor...if you don't take care of a simple infection, it can lead to some bad bad things. With strep you usually have some white patches at the back of your throat, although thats not always a reliable way to tell for sure. Go to a 'Doc in a Box' and have them do a 'quick strep' on you.

Warhead - you definitely should see a doctor dude. It might seem like a little thing, but a small infection (like you probably have), whether its viral or bacterial, if ignored, can spread. I have seen multiple cases of young people in good health blowing off going to the doctor with minor infections that ended up with a major infection in the blood stream (sepsis - which can be life-threatening), or have had it spread to the heart or other organs (which again, can be life-threatening). Its not common, but it happens more than you'd think.

If its strep, its not going away on its own, and you need antibiotics.

Archived