Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ as a return man

Awesome

Ok, who here thinks that Champ will be used as a return man this year. I for one am praying they give him some opportunities and i can see SS changing the rotation around just to give the other guys something to think about.

Is J. Green a lock for PR? If so, who will be our KR guys.

The thing with Norv and Marty is they always said let's wait for Champ to prove he's among the top CB's before giving him a shot at doing other things. Well, i think he's done that. The guy is the most gifted pure athlete on the team: he's fast, got hands, strong and can jump like a mofo. Remember what he did against the Cardinals as a receiver? Let's not waste his talent for another year when he could be so much more than he already is.

Think of it this way: What if no one had given Deion a chance to return kicks b/c they were afraid of him getting hurt.

Deion Sanders in 2000, trying to run laterally on the foot he injured returning punts in Texas Stadium. :)

Never take a strength in one spot and use it to cover a weakness elsewhere, that just stretches you out and risks futher loss.

the solution is to find a return man in camp (we have enough speedsters who hopefully can hang onto the ball)..............

Champ Bailey is a much better player and more valuable to this team than Gault ever was to the Bears when their team was on top in the mid-1980's.

With the fact the Skins are going to have to manufacture a pass rush this season from a combination of line rotation and pressure from the linebackers, the need to keep Champ and Fred Smoot out there each week in coverage would seem to be obvious.

Guest Trevor

I will always be against Champ being a regular kick returner. The risk of losing a top-flight DB scares the hell out of me. However I think he should be used in that role at certain times. Like Darrell Green was when he was younger.

I suppose the most likely scenerio is Jacquez Green returning kicks this year. Though that does scare me some as I don't think the depth at wide receiver, unless we pick up a Willie Jackson, is good enough to withstand an injury to Green or Gardner for that matter.

So that said I'm hoping one of the younger receivers gets the role, perhaps McCants, but I'm not sure he has the speed for it. I guess this maybe where Skaggs comes in, though I hope he doesn't(guess I like to root agianst who everyone likes to root for :halo: ).

I believe with SS, we are going to have a few more WRs than normal and I think we need these guys to play special teams and I would really love to give Skaggs a shot at returns, he reminds of someone who would do anything to make this team, and returns are one area he could excell, I believe. Also I have heard that Champ wants a few plays at WR, I would rather see that than returns. He is our greatest athlete but we need him at corner ad if he doesn't play anywhere else all year, I am happy with that.

Bulldog said it best

"Never take a strength in one spot and use it to cover a weakness elsewhere, that just stretches you out and risks futher loss."

Can this team survive without Champ the KR or WR... yea, but without Champ the CB.... man it would be tough.. it isn't worth it to me

Ah, it feels so good to post again. Thanks fellas'! ;)

Anthony in fact will be the doubler for the WR/KR spot, and Champ will be an emergency punt returner I believe. Green, Gardner, Lockett, Thompson, Skaggs, and Russell have some edge to the WR spots, but the #4 on down will be on the special teams for sure.

Archived