Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gatti vs Mayweather

Guest sith lord

Absolutely phenomenal work by Pretty Boy Floyd. I knew the fight was lopsided coming in, but I wasn't expecting such a thorough asskicking. Mayweather showed he's in a completely different league than Gatti. No shame in that though, Floyd looked like a pound for pound champ (no disrespect to Bernard.)out there tonight. Floyd truly is a gem. The handspeed, the quickness, the defense. He looked like the Sugar Ray Robinson I've seen on tapes. Floyd is a master of the shoulder roll defense too. He keeps his chin tucked masterfully. Gatti didn't land one power shot to the head. Gatti's through now too. Seeing him leaning on Buddy McGirt and crying was truly pathetic. He mentioned moving up to the 147 class after the fight. He'll get chewed up and spit out by every name fighter in that class. He and Mayorga would be entertaining though.

I was right about the Vivian Harris fight. I was just completely wrong about what I thought we'd see. He fought an absolutely stupid fight. He should've realized Moussa's chin is granite and that he needed to actually box him. Great job by Moussa though. He's obviously not the most skilled fighter, but he has the great beard matched with some decent power. Those usually make for great fights. It's a shame about Harris though, he's a much better fighter than he showed tonight. He's not done, but he needs to make some serious changes. The problem is if Emmanuel Steward can't get to him who can? Cotto's win over Moussa certainly looks a lot better now.

It's truly pathetic that HBO aired a Strawweight matchup over the chance to showcase Calvin Brock. He's an undefeated American Heavyweight. Why not put him on the stage? Nothing against Calderon, but watching Strawweight's go at it is like watching two 10 year old boys slapping each other.

On a side note how bad was that promo HBO insisted on showing for the Hopkins/Taylor fight? Hopkins was painful to watch in that thing.

Man, Floyd is lightning quick. He flat out dominated the whole match. The few times it looked like arturo was going to throw a good one, floyd threw 4 punch combinations that completely racked his brain. I guess we have to hope Cotto can give floyd a fight, although i doubt it. I was dissappointed in Vivian Harris. He totally was the better fighter. It was almost disgusting watching him lose to maussa :puke:

Can someone please tell me how hitting harris when he was clearly on the ground not a DQ? Roy jones got DQ'd for something not as blatant as that.

Originally posted by The Sir

Wow, looking like a waste of a saturday night. I could have went to The Roots concerts, but nope I felt I had to see Gatti-Mayweather even though I knew damn well Mayweather would beat his ass.

Man it was a crucial beating. He hasnt seen that kind of hand speed ever. One of my friends pointed out that floyd beat arturo into another race. Looked more like hedeki matsui then himself after that one :laugh:

Sir, it's a bummer you missed The Roots, but the good thing is you'll know they'll be back in the area at least one more time this year. They never stop touring.

Livestrong, that's funny you compared Gatti to a Japanese man. In the weeks leading up to the fight Mayweather made a comment along the lines of "Gatti's had so many plastic surgeries from his cuts that he's starting to look Japanese." That got a laugh from me because it's true.

I'm glad Moussa didn't get the DQ for swinging at Harris while he was on the ground. Don't get me wrong, it was truly a weak and dirty move, but Harris was knocked out regardless. The bottom rope absorbed just about all of the blow anyways. Harris basically just got grazed by it.

I'm a big Cotto fan, but he shouldn't step in the ring with Floyd. He'll get ate up. I have to agree with Roy Jones in that Hatton would probably be the toughest test just because of his style. If I'm Floyd I don't know if I go to Manchester to fight Hatton. Hatton got away with all sorts of crap during the Tszyu fight. It was funny though when they showed Hatton in between rounds of the fight. You could see it in his eyes that he was impressed by Floyd.

i was really pulling for harris. I wanted to see him against the big boys of the division, but he totally overlooked maussa. As for Floyd... i dont see anyone who can really give him a good fight. Maybe hell move up again? nah... thats just wishful thinking.

Hey bo...how do you see the hopkins vs taylor fight goin down? Hopefully we'll see a slugfest and not a one person beat down.

Archived