Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick Ramsey vs. Jason Campbell...

OldTownFan

Originally posted by GSF

Where have you guys been? This is Joe Gibbs we're talking about here. If Ramsey breaks out and consistently plays well, he won't lose his job. If he gets us to the playoffs or even a SB, he'll be around for a very long time.

Put the pipe down!

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

Put the pipe down!

Chewie,

You think that if Ramsey gets to a Superbowl that Gibbs would ship him out to be able to play his draft pick? The only way I see that happening is if Ramsey demands an outragous contract.

Dude Ramsey is getting a raw deal, if he plays well, and doesnt stay, im gonna be ****ing pissed, because thats a raw deal any way you cut it.

Campbell earns a starting job when Ramsey proves himself but is let go? that doesnt sound right. Now if Ramsey plays inconsistenly again, or doesn't play well, then make the switch, but this whole thread isnt a guessing thread about how Patrick performs, its A PROVIDED THAT. thread, which means IF YOU FOLLOW THE LOGIC (OR FOR THE RAMSEY HATERS, LACK THEIR OF) THAT RAMSEY PLAYS WELL, IS HE STILL GOING TO GET THE BOOT, and im saying if he indeed plays well, and gets the boot, that i as a fan, would be pissed, because that would mean we give the reigns to a guy who didnt earn it, but was there when we didnt keep the guy who did. and that puts alot of faith in campbell who only had a good senior year, other than that, he was about as consistent as a 1964 Dodge, which doesnt inspire confidence.

I am telling you guys, Gibbs already ****ed up once when he payed God's amount of money for Brunell, that was a wise move eh? So why does the post think that Gibbs will be free of any error about his next future 'lead me to the promised land' qb?

Ramsey has stuck in there, tough times, bad coaches, and all, he's been straight up molested by other d's when spurrier was a coach, and he stood his ground, and kept his mouth shut. He has earned the chance to perform, and be judged and kept by his performance. Brunell was given the chance, and he blew it, next, was ramsey, if he blows it, give the ball to jason. but if he doesnt blow it, then he should, because he has earned the right, be allowed the chance to hold onto the ball, hold onto the starting job, not have to worry about being traded or released. this is the nfl, you keep the players who earn their keep, and cut the ones who dont. so that makes me wonder, why the hell is brunell still here? and why do many fans have a bad feeling that if patrick ramsey earns his keep, he's still gone anyways....I can justify my bad feeling because i saw Brunell throw away the season in eight games, about the only thing he connected on was a miserable season, and ramsey came in and played very well. people go what about the giants game, well, lets see, we were losing by four touchdowns, and that is what you call an ass whipping, of course he or anybody who got put in had to gun sling and of course any defense with a four touchdown cushion is going to expec the pass, and not a run up the middle, so that argument is weak.

Originally posted by OldTownFan

Dude Ramsey is getting a raw deal, if he plays well, and doesnt stay, im gonna be ****ing pissed, because thats a raw deal any way you cut it.

Campbell earns a starting job when Ramsey proves himself but is let go? that doesnt sound right. Now if Ramsey plays inconsistenly again, or doesn't play well, then make the switch, but this whole thread isnt a guessing thread about how Patrick performs, its A PROVIDED THAT. thread, which means IF YOU FOLLOW THE LOGIC (OR FOR THE RAMSEY HATERS, LACK THEIR OF) THAT RAMSEY PLAYS WELL, IS HE STILL GOING TO GET THE BOOT, and im saying if he indeed plays well, and gets the boot, that i as a fan, would be pissed, because that would mean we give the reigns to a guy who didnt earn it, but was there when we didnt keep the guy who did. and that puts alot of faith in campbell who only had a good senior year, other than that, he was about as consistent as a 1964 Dodge, which doesnt inspire confidence.

So far, Ramsey hasn't gotten any raw deal what so ever. To answer your question directly, if he plays very well, I don't see him getting "the boot". If Ramsey leads the team deep into the playoffs this year, or even next year, I think he'll be here for a long time. It goes against everything i've ever seen in Gibbs to ship out a winning QB. He's just way too conservative to take that kind of chance, no matter how good of a prospect he has sitting on the bench.

If Ramsey improves this year, and plays good but not great, next year will be his make it or break it year. If Ramsey does not improve significantly this year, it will be his last season as a Skin.

Ramsey frankly hasn't shown a lot. A gun for an arm is overrated, especially in the offense that Gibbs appears to want to run. Campbell has impressed me like few other quarterbacks have in college.

Ramsey either produces this year or let him go. Most NFL QB's will have had fewer chances than he has if he doesn't produce this year.

FIRST OF ALL JERSEY SUCKS, SECOND OF ALL SO DOES CAMPBELL, HE WAS A MEDIOCRE COLLEGE QUARTERBACK, AND THIS ISN'T NEWS.

RAMSEY IS GOING TO BLOW UP, AND IM GOING TO REMEMBER THIS AS ARE ALL OF THE RAMSEY SUPPORTERS, SO BE HUNGRY TO EAT CROW

I actually dont think PRam will be gone at all...I see Gibbs giving the team to Ramsey for the next 2-3 yrs(unless he absolutely stinks) at wich point Ramsey will have taken the team to the playoffs at least once w/solid but unspectacular play...

Going into Campbell's 3rd season Gibbs will announce the battle for starter open going into training camp and the best QB will win...W/the skills Campbell posseses in relation to this offense and the fact that he will have the system down by that time he will win the starting job and Ramsey can slide to the role as veteran back-up or we can use him as trade bait...

I think Gibbs would like to keep him in the veteran back-up mold...

P.S.

Brunell will be released/restructured after the 05' season...

:2cents:

At this point, we know what Ramsey has:

A strong arm

Big Heart

Ability to take a hit

Emerging leadership

But he still lacks the ability to get rid of the ball quickly and takes too many gambles (in my opinion) for Gibbs.

Campbell is a wild card and that excites people. Personally, I'd like to see him challenge for the starting spot. If not only to push PR.

Regardless of where you stand on the Campbell pick, sitting that many draft picks on the bench is a waste. If we aren't effective offensively next year look for Campbell to get some time. If Brunell sees the field, I'll be picking my shoe out of the TV and headed to Best Buy for a High Def.

If Patrick Ramsey cannot take this talented team deep into the playoffs, then he should go, but I have a hunch that this is the yaer the Redskins reemerge as an elite football team, and when they do, Patrick Ramsey is going to be credited with his improvement, and leadership. Of course, If I'm wrong, then one, damn another lousy season, and two, damn another bad miss at quarterback, and in that case then yes, I would be holding out hope that maybe Campbell can come up with some answers, but from what I've heard, he only had one solid college season, and he is slow to learn playbooks

Archived