Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ and D-line information

Lavarleap56

Telling: The defensive coaches need to quit getting blamed for what happens on that side of the ball. Because the defense actually did its job for most of the game. They wore down, but they certainly gave the offense plenty of time to get its act. And here's what I saw a couple times: the Dallas offensive linemen would barely block the Redskins' linemen, scraping them as they hustled out to the linebackers. They did this on basic runs up the middle, telling you how little they thought of this line.

Done: End Bruce Smith barely played in the second half. Not that we cared to find out why, but here's the likely reason: one, he can't play anymore. But, two, because Dallas wanted to run the ball a lot and Smith can't play the run. Also, we're guessing the coaches can't wait to get him out of the building.

Enough: Some players just can't take it anymore. After the game tackle Jon Jansen and corner Champ Bailey, both of whom answered questions briefly then bolted. There's nothing left to say at this point and both have said a lot already.

Still waiting: The Redskins still haven't contacted the agent for Champ Bailey. Here's the thing, if the Redskins wait to negotiate after January, they'll hurt themselves. Not just because Bailey might be less inclined to re-sign. But because if they wait to sign him in January, they can only spread the deal out over six years. If they get it done in the next two weeks they can spread it out over seven.

Champ is going to be franchised and traded like i have said all along.

Originally posted by Cleotis

you also have to mention that there was a lot of the manditory no-call holding on cowboy big plays too. i think guys in the nfl should learn how to yell like the basketball players do to get foul calls.

the defense has no excuse, teams just coast down the field while our offense strains to get first downs.

I think guys in the NFL do have ways to get the refs attention. Gardner got called for offensive PI on a bad call for that reason, in my opinion. I wasn't at the game, so I can't be sure, but I saw him badly push off earlier and had the impression that Cowboys players (maybe coaches too) who know how to talk to the refs to get their way pointed that out to the refs. So the next time Gardner slightly pushes a CB, even though it's not really PI, he gets called.

You can manage the refs a bit, it's just another aspect the Redskisn seem unable to do. There was a special show on it once on ESPN, and many coaches talked about the importance of getting on the good side of the refs- Gruden made a big deal out of it on the special.

Archived