Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East

Hitman56

When is the last time the Skins beat an NFC East opponent when the other team had not packed it in for the year already? This year's Giants win and last year's Dallas win don't count because those teams were done and the games meant nothing to either team (aside from technically breaking our losing streak against the boys).

The last time I remember winning a game when it counted in the NFC East was probably as far back as 99. Anyone remember something more recent?

The last time we REALLY won and NFC East game that REALLY mattered was 1996, when we beat the Eagles in Philly to go to 8-3 and stay in first place in the division.

Of course we ended up going 9-7 and missing the playoffs that year anyway. :doh:

Originally posted by speedwagon20

Henry, I KNOW I'm being nitpicky here but I would say our playoff year in 1999, we beat the Giants in November or December to go a game up in the standings....

But I know that it's been a LONG time....

We also beat the Eagles in 2001 with Marty to get to 5-5....

I thought of those. Maybe that second Giants win counts.

I don't know about that Eagles game though. When we faced them again, at home, with the division on the line, we folded like a cheap suit.

That same play-of year in '99, we beat the Giants in the Wild Card First Round play-off game to get to face Tampa in the Divisional Series. Doesn't really count as a divisional game, but it was the Giants, and it was to get to teh next round of the play-offs. Davis had a huge game, if I'm not mistaken...

Archived