Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

British Television: Broadchurch/Black Mirror= Fantastic

shakinaiken

Long story short, spent 6 months in London for an internship and was inoculated to a couple very good shows- namely two: Broadchurch and Black Mirror. Both are currently available on American Netflix and both are worth your rapidly diminishing free time. Broadchurch is a somewhat straight forward-though engrossing-whodunnit murder mystery, that takes place in a diminutive british town along the coast. fantastic acting, plot development, and overall atmospheric mystique. Black Mirror on the other hand, can best be described( in my words) as an ominous, modern day Twilight Zone. Hopefully that does it justice. 

Broadchurch metacritic: http://www.metacriti.../tv/broadchurch****

Black Mirror metacritic: http://www.metacriti...tv/black-mirror **

**** most will notice, if clicking on the link or doing outside research, that Broadchurch has completed  two seasons. My excitement and reference only refers to the first season- which is the season linked on metacritic- and is commonly referenced as the superior season. I have not seen the second season, and its not available on Netflix. 

** Also, Black Mirror has two seasons on Netflix, but unlike the former show mentioned(Broadchurch) each episode is self contained- that is, you can jump around to any episode you'd like, without having to experience preceding episodes or story. 

Enjoy. 

Didn't watch Broadchurch, but Black Mirror is fantastic. Possibly one of the most thought provoking series I've seen.

Agreed. First episode I saw was the third episode of the first season- "The Entire History of You." Fantastic, but unsettling. I sat for a good 20 minutes introspecting in silence after the episode concluded. Great stuff

Archived