Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fall To The Giants, 24-13

So far every team that sucks has beaten the sucking redskins, so who do you think is the suckiest of them all? With RG3 playing, it has become obvious that we are going to the off season without a QB, without a coaching team, without half of the players on the sucking team! So, what gives? I am tired of throwing away a couple of thousand dollars every year on this sucking team. Mr. Snyder you are the suckiest of them all.

If we get the 135 yds. in penalties back and stop 7 sacks it would have been a decent game....hold it, not decent but almost watchable. Too bad Griffin still sucks because he abandons the pass so he can take off on a run and be a hero...memo to Griffin- you look even more like a dumbazz because even the commentators are seeing your recievers open and point them out to us. Just a tiny bit of success and Griffin is prancing around pumping his fist like he's actually done something. Tired of his act and now I can't look at him any different than a selfish diva who is all about his Brand.

Another rough outing against another bad team with our team looking much worse than the bad team....sure is the flavor of the year for team. The camera's are trying to help them but mostly keeping a narrow angle so we don't wee all the guys down field waving their arms saying "here I am, there's no one around me" LOL but as my friend MC points out, it's too easy for the commentators to look like football geniuses by pointing out those guys waving their arms...well, ok, they weren't waving their arms but they could have been! I finally saw your msg MC and replied! It's hard to be a Redskins fan....heck, I found myself rooting for Dallas last night....it's bad, really bad.....on the bright side, my youngest daughter shot the winning basket with 6 sec left in her BB game on Sat and her team won again yesterday so my weekend wasn't a bust by any means!

Erad

I am as pissed at the team as anyone. But with all due respect I think you guys have lost at least some of your objectivity.

You can yell at me all you want but Griffin had a pretty decent game yesterday. Yes, he made some mistakes. But have you had a perfect day? Between the horrendous calls, the stupid mistakes by teammates, the poor STs play and most of all a pathetic Oline, he played about as well as you could expect.

He was 18 -27 for 66.7% - 236 yds and a TD. No Ints. (didn't play the first half if Q1.). He should have been given that TD at the end of the half. That was a huge swing in the game. We should have been up 17-7. Was he great? No. And yes, we still lost. But good god people, no one can throw behind that line. Anytime they want to, they are in the backfield in less than 2 secs. Were some of the 7 sacks on Griffin? Yes. But so are some of the sacks on Peyton Manning. Last night Romo took a sack after literally having 9 secs to throw.

Until we get an Offensive line we will never know what we have in a QB. I am not saying RGIII played like franchise QB. And I still am pretty sure our long term QB is not on the team. But what if...  what if Griffin can become that QB? The best outcome for us is if he can develop.

Take your personal feelings about him out of it. If we had say dallasts Oline and he still played poorly, then fine. But seriously, I was at the Rams game. Anytime they wanted to, they just came and sacked Colt. Almost all 3rd and longs, they just killed him before he ever had a chance. Same with Griffin. Is that the QBs fault?  How come for Colt it's the lines fault but with Griffin it's Griffins fault?

We didn't give the Rams 6 picks for Colt and I never said that Colt has any chance of being a permanent QB for the Redskins or any other team for that matter. RG3 ruined himself and his career when he didn't pull himself out of the playoff game against the Seahawks and the stupid Shanahans made it even worse. RG3 rushed back to play last season after a major knee surgery only because he was worried that Cousins may steel the spotlights from him, again that is another example of someone who is insecure, not very smart, and has no one to blame (except the Shanahans) for his misfortunes! He is done in the NFL and the best he could do is to backup someone else somewhere else.

Start with the 3 QBs - McCoy is the most knowledgeable QB by far but doesn't have the arm of the other 2. RG3 is a one read and run if nobody open QB, that is something he has to correct or he is a goner. Cousins forces passes when he should be throwing it away, he needs help with his QB skills or he is gone. Summary I have no idea if the QBs are NFL caliber with this Head Coach's scheme, which isn't working.

The o-line, improved in theory over last year but looks terrible. Montgomery who they cut I read yesterday is playing well for another team, as is Rambo at Safety. They need some additions but they may have an offensive scheme problem that is something coaches have to fix to correct the o-line problems.

Head Coaches are suppose to instill mistake free discipline, and we are coming up on the end of the year when it is suppose to be corrected and if anything we are making more stupid mistakes.

Head Coaches are suppose to adapt their game plan when the opposing team adapts to what they are doing, Gruden keeps running the same scheme until we lose again big time.

Gruden is a problem, he is not ready for a Head Coaching job and may never be ready. In any case another year of this man and the team will be so demoarilized it will take 10 years to correct the problems, I am getting to old to wait for that period. Sorry, but Gruden should be fired today for gross incompetence as he and the Redskins he coaches are hopeless and without a clue as to what to do.

Losing a hard fought well played game is one thing, losing because of stupidity is quite another. Sorry again for my negativity but I find self imposed incompetence to be highly irritating.

No objectivety lost on this end Goskins, nor has 80% of the sports commentators, reporters, and analyst who still aren't on board with him. I'm not excited about his game because Gruden called a simple game and when we need him to step up and make a pass he bails and takes off running....same ol' Griffin. Thought and hoped for him to have learned something on the bench but he's stubborn and thinks his way of playing is what's good for him. Glad we got another chance to see him and what I saw was reckless run first attitude at the least bit of pressure and having no awareness where the rush is coming from. Yeah, the oline sucks, all of them even Trent(who is playing hurt) but even with a good oline Griffin would still be back there staring down receivers till they come open. Alot of should-ofs, would-ofs, what-ifs abounding.

Last of all, yes I've had crappy days but unlike Griffin I also have good days....show me his good days.

Reference to the article - not Thompson's first NFL career game.

As far as game goes; statistically the Skins met or exceeded the Giants in most categories. That being said NY won the sack battle 7 to 1. If you don't pressure Eli he will make plays. Skins at least made it to the red zone this week and followed it up with poor execution by going 1 of 4. Plus going 0 for 2 in goal to go. And they still can't convert on third down, 4 of 14. Speaking of 4; their number of fumbles.

Did they play better? Yes. Are they still making the same fundamental mistakes that equals losses? You betcha.

Very faint praise Goskins. But I am glad he gets another chance to lace em up.Still think that Gruden has tore him down to humble him, to get him out of the weight room and into the film room. Even though I dislike Griffin and his game it would be in our best interest for him to survive and learn to play football the right way...as in to last a career healthy.

I've had suspicions that Gruden wants to go with a power blocking run scheme and away from the zone run and to do that he needs the bigger oline to do it. Shanahan put together a cast of of smaller oline players that are not necessarily geared toward a pocket passer. If Griffin stays the ...how will that affect Grudens desire to change the oline? Still formulating this in my mind and hope I got my point across.HTTR!

Considering the media has taken every opportunity to beat him down as far as they can, saying he had a strong outing is pretty major. 

I agree Gruden would like to go to a power run game. I also agree he sat Griffin down was as much to humble him and let him know Gruden is in charge not Griffin. I was very pleasantly surprised that he was ready to play. He came off the bench like he had prepared to start.

When there is nothing nice to say you probably shouldn't say anything and I find there is nothing nice to say about the Redskins this year. So, I will sign off until something positive happens in the off season.

I do want to tell all I enjoyed the back and forth with you on this site this year and to all have a great Holiday.

When there is nothing nice to say you probably shouldn't say anything and I find there is nothing nice to say about the Redskins this year. So, I will sign off until something positive happens in the off season.

I do want to tell all I enjoyed the back and forth with you on this site this year and to all have a great Holiday.

Come on TAB- if we followed that rule we would be bowing out of here early every year. Anyway, Happy Holidays to our Redskin friend in Texas. See you next year when the grass is taller and greener and another promise of a good football season. HTTR!

Kinda surprised that Gruden didn't tuneup for a power front line. I mean, it is what he did with the Bengals. Perhaps his thought was that the line was working for last seasons run game and he didn't want to screw that up.

Sacks given up are ridiculous - no matter who the QB is. They are at almost 4 a game for the season and that number has been way up (like 6) the last several games. Interestingly, they are #1 in 40+ yard completions so they do have good receivers.

3rd worst in third downs and fumbles. It doesn't really matter a whole lot if the fumble is lost or not - it still killed a play. 30% on third downs made is unacceptable considering how low they are on the list of attempted third downs.

Pretty high on the list in penalties but a lot of really good teams are up there too. Both the Ravens & the Seahawks led the league in fouls during their Super Bowl years. If you play aggressive it comes with the territory. If you play sloppy it comes with the territory. Let's just say the Skins aren't in the aggressive territory. 

How bad is the secondary? #1 in QB rating allowed; #2 in TDs allowed and near the bottom of the list in pass plays attempted against them. That's a really bad combination. It's real simple math for their opponents. Throw the ball early, get the lead, run the ball then sack the QB and watch the Redskins completely fall apart on offense. The Giants didn't record a sack until almost halftime last week and still got 7. And in the second half, the math took over.

Archived