Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

9/30: Redskins Make Roster Moves

OK. This is the exact scenario that I talked about in another post before these guys got signed today.

Thomas was called up Thursday, was inactive Thursday Night. Miller was active for Thursday Nights game.

Once a player is called up from PS, he is supposed stay on the 53 man roster for 6 games.

(Might have changed so it's only 3 games but Thomas only had 1.)

But over the weekend they were both released, cleared waivers and then resigned to the PS.

This is kinda why that rule is in place - to keep teams from using the PS as a reserve roster moving back and forth between the PS and game day roster on a weekly basis. Granted they could get picked up while on waivers but they also could be signed right off of the PS.

Are these guys getting shafted by a loophole in the rules?

OK. This is the exact scenario that I talked about in another post before these guys got signed today.

Thomas was called up Thursday, was inactive Thursday Night. Miller was active for Thursday Nights game.

Once a player is called up from PS, he is supposed stay on the 53 man roster for 6 games.

(Might have changed so it's only 3 games but Thomas only had 1.)

But over the weekend they were both released, cleared waivers and then resigned to the PS.

This is kinda why that rule is in place - to keep teams from using the PS as a reserve roster moving back and forth between the PS and game day roster on a weekly basis. Granted they could get picked up while on waivers but they also could be signed right off of the PS.

Are these guys getting shafted by a loophole in the rules?

Actually, if they could not resign them to the PS then they would just be out of a job. This at least keeps them involved. Sorry I just don't see this as an issue. 

Archived