Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1972 Redskins Players Charity Benefit Signing Event - March 6 - Fredericksburg VA

MarkB452

Info posted in other threads, but I thought I would start a thread for this:

http://www.leaderinsports.com/Public_Signings.html

>> We are working on an event for the Children's Miracle Network in conjunction with WFLS's Radioathon. The event is 3/6/10 and will be conducted at the Spotsylvania Towne Center in Fredericksburg, VA. (note from MarkB452: This is VERY close to exit 130 on I95...Spotysylvania Mall has been renamed Spotsylvania Towne Center...get off on Rt 3 and head West...it will be on your left in less than a mile).

This event is a reunion of the 1972 Redskins. Scheduled to appear: Billy Kilmer, Len Hauss, Mike Bass, Rusty Tillman, Roy Jefferson, Pat Fischer, Ron McDole, Bill Brundige, Mack Alston, Walt Rock, Mike Bragg, Terry Hermeling & Diron Talbert. We will have more names announced over the coming weeks. All proceeds from this event will go directly to the Children's Miracle Network. Pricing will be announced once the line up is complete. Mail order will be available for this event.

I have been to a couple of their charity signing events and prices are usually $10 each if you buy 5-6 signatures and all players are the same price. They usually have pics available for $10 each if you want to get a pic signed. There is a Redskins Store and a Dick's Sporting Goods store at Spotsylvania Mall...er Towne Center if you want to get some stuff to get signed.

I'll try to keep this updated, but others are welcome to update as well. Personally, I am going to the UVA/MD BBall game at 1:30 in Charlottesville that day :doh:, but my wife has agreed to go.

Note that many of these players are part of the 70 Greatest Redskins.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/70_Greatest_Redskins_1373.jsp

http://www.redskinscardmuseum.com/top-70-redskins.html

Bass, Bragg, Brundidge, Fischer, Hauss, Kilmer, McDole, Talbert, and Tillman.

Bragg, Brundidge, Fischer, and McDole were at the TGC this year.

Cool 1972 posters that appeared in the Sunday Comics back in 1972. Look closely at the Mike Bass poster and you can see the comics from the other side of the page.

I plan on getting these signed:

http://www.redskinscardmuseum.com/featuredexhibit.html

I just called Leader in Sports. The guy who answered the phone said he will have a team photo and individual photos on everyone they could find one on. He said they always sell the photos for 5 bucks.

I asked who else they were bringing in. All I got out of that was they hoped to have between 15 and 20 guys at the reunion. I asked about pricing and he said they were going to have to be a little higher than their other charity events because of travel expenses, but that it would still be priced at charity levels.

I'm hoping to be able to get Tillman for my 70 greatest collection. Hopefully they can find a picture for him. If anyone out there has an extra Turk Edwards lying around (yeah, right...) I would love to speak with you to try to negotiate some kind of trade. Pretty sure he's the only one of the 70 who I will have trouble finding. I have 4 left, and the others are simply awaiting the funds...haha.

Kilmer is $30, all others are $15...update:

We are working on an event for the Children's Miracle Network in conjunction with WFLS's Radioathon. The event is 3/6/10 and will be conducted at the Spotsylvania Towne Center in Fredericksburg, VA. You can call The Card Cellar at 540-891-9549 to arrange mail order.

Please note that pricing is up for the individual players. We still plan on adding more names to the event. Once the line up is complete, we will be offering a "SUPER TICKET". If your intention is to purchase autographs on most or all of the players, please wait until the begining of February when the event is finalized.

This event is a reunion of the 1972 Redskins. Scheduled to appear:

Billy Kilmer: $30

Len Hauss: $15

Mike Bass: $15

Rusty Tillman: $15

Roy Jefferson: $15

Pat Fischer: $15

Ron McDole: $15

Bill Brundige: $15

Mack Alston: $15

Walt Rock: $15

Mike Bragg: $15

Terry Hermeling: $15

Diron Talbert: $15

We will have more names announced over the coming weeks. All proceeds from this event will go directly to the Children's Miracle Network. Mail order will be available for this event.

Was Jim Snowden on the 72 roster?

No his last year was 1971. He did not play on the Super Bowl team.

list of Skins from 1972

TE Mack Alston

DB Mike Bass

DE Verlon Biggs

P Mike Bragg

RB Larry Brown

DT/DE Bill Brundige

RB Bob Brunett

C/G/T George Burman

DB Speedy Duncan

DE Mike Fanucci

DB Pat Fischer

LB Chris Hanburger

RB Charlie Harraway

C Len Hauss

DB Alvin Haymond

T/G/DE Terry Hermeling

RB Mike Hull

DB Jon Jaqua

WR Roy Jefferson

DE Jimmie Jones

RB Jeff Jordan

QB * Sonny Jurgensen

QB/HB Billy Kilmer

K Curt Knight

G Paul Laaveg

WR Bill Malinchack

DE/DT Ron McDole

LB Harold McLinton

WR Clifton McNeil

RB Herb Mul-Key

RB George Nock

DB Brig Owens

LB/HC Jack Pardee

DB/HC Richie Petitbon

LB Myron Pottios

T/DT Walt Rock

G/T Ray Schoenke

DB Jeff Severson

DT/DE Manny Sistrunk

TE Jerry Smith

DT/DE Diron Talbert

WR/RB * Charley Taylor

DB Rosey Taylor

LB Rusty Tillman

DB Ted Vactor

G/DE John Wilbur

QB/HC Sam Wyche

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additions:

Jim Snowden: $15

John Wilbur: $15

Cancellations:

Mack Alston - had to cancel for a family commitment. We hope to have him at our 4th Annual Thanksgiving Signing Feast in November.

Wow John Wilbur. This is going to be a busy one. Sad about Alston. Wasn't Snowden traded in the Kenny Houston trade, I think he was on that team

Did they say that Charley Taylor wasn't going to be there? Besides, even if he wasn't going to be there, he does multiple appearances in the area throughout the year, so I wouldn't worry about it. He will show up at a CSA event or some other store down the line. He did some sort of fitness gym in Fairfax last year for a nominal fee.

Was Jim Snowden on the 72 roster?

Snowden must have been on IR in 1972 because he was part of the trade for Ken Houston. I wonder if Snowden has a 1972 NFC Championship ring. Also, it doesn't look like he played in any games for the Oilers after he was traded.

Archived