Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1972 Redskins Players Charity Benefit Signing Event - March 6 - Fredericksburg VA

MarkB452

Agreed on the length of the lines for some of the players. Petitbon was really great to talk to. I told him that I thought that it was a raw deal that he didn't get more of a chance to be our HC, but coming off the Super Bowl the standard had been set so high that going 4-12 was just an abysmal season. Really a great time overall. I guess this signing was in lieu of having them do it at the CSA. That would have been a really cool thing to have the 72 Dolphins and skins at the same show. I am sure it was a scheduling thing though.

I could not go, so my wife went for me. She got there at noon, but did not realize that some tables closed before others. She did not get to table 4 in time, but hunted down Mike Bass and got him to sign my 70 Greatest Redskins ball. Rickie Harris was there as well (DB/Returner played in the 60's and I think he played for NE in 1972). He was with Bass and signed my 70 Greatest Ball as well (so, now I have to call it the "70 Greatest + Rickie Harris" Ball). I am not too worried about missing the other players at table 4 as they were all at the Tailgate Club in 2009 and had signed things for me then.

BTW, anybody know how much money was raised? Given the length of the lines described here and by my wife, I am assuming they did very well.

I think that I remember hearing your wife saying that she was looking for Mike Bass. I was in line at the station next to where Mike Bass was. She was said that she was looking for him and they said to check at the ticket station and they said he was wearing a hat, which was of course helpful.

As far as the money goes, it was really great event. There were a lot of people who were at the miracle network station at the middle of the mall, so I imagine that it did pretty well.

I could not go, so my wife went for me. She got there at noon, but did not realize that some tables closed before others. She did not get to table 4 in time, but hunted down Mike Bass and got him to sign my 70 Greatest Redskins ball. Rickie Harris was there as well (DB/Returner played in the 60's and I think he played for NE in 1972). He was with Bass and signed my 70 Greatest Ball as well (so, now I have to call it the "70 Greatest + Rickie Harris" Ball). I am not too worried about missing the other players at table 4 as they were all at the Tailgate Club in 2009 and had signed things for me then.

BTW, anybody know how much money was raised? Given the length of the lines described here and by my wife, I am assuming they did very well.

The newspaper says $12,000

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2010/032010/03072010/532736

• 3 weeks later...

That is really too bad about your experience with LIS. I have had decent dealings with them in regards to their in person signings. Mail orders, I have no clue. Just sucks that they couldn't just provide you with a picture with the necessary players on it. In a recession, you would think that they wouldn't want to tick off the customers. I guess they will realize that if they are doing this widespread.

I am friends with Bart at the Card Cellar. I emailed him a link to the thread and he asked me to post this:

Thanks. I really appreciate you letting me know that you saw this information about someone who had a problem with something from one of my signings. Since you have getting autos from my signings for about 3 years, you know that I do my best to make sure everyone is happy with what they receive. I believe I know what this was in reference to and was under the impression that the person had received their merchandise. Obviously they did not so I will make it good. I always ship with delivery confirmation so I will give them that tracking number to show that I did ship it originally. Anyway thanks for the heads up and I will get on the phone now and take care of this.

Let us know if he follows through or not.

Out of respect for the owner of (Leaders in Sport) who did call me ( On Saturday) and try to work this out. I have deleted the message I posted . I did receive the photo today (Monday) albeit a little late but it looks like it was the Post offices fault and not Leaders in Sport as it took 12 days to get here.

Glad to hear that everything got worked out and that it ultimately wasn't LIS fault. I had never had a problem with their in person signings, but I had never heard anything one way or the other about their mail service. Glad to hear that they contacted you and that they tried to work it out even though it was the Post Office's gaffe.

I have been a customer of Bart's for years, and would be surprised if he would not do anything he could to make a customer happy.

I also saw this posting on the web site: http://www.leaderinsports.com/

SPECIAL OFFER!!!

We were able to arrange to have former Washington Redskin RUSTY TILLMAN autograph a VERY limited number of autographed photos. They are available on a first come, first served basis. The autographed photos are $35 each plus shipping.

We also have some photos that were signed and stacked on top of each other before they had a chance to fully dry. This caused some of the autograph to smudge. Those photos are available for $10 each plus shipping, again on a first come, first served basis.

I sent an email and just ordered one.

• 1 month later...
Am posting this here as Marv Levy will be at the CSA show in july. Was a special team coach of the Skins in 72.

They have some decent Redskins at CSA this time around. Brian Mitchell is around alot, but Bobby doesn't do much. The last time I remember Sam Huff doing a signing was a couple of years ago down here in Fredericksburg at the Card Cellar.

They have some decent Redskins at CSA this time around. Brian Mitchell is around alot, but Bobby doesn't do much. The last time I remember Sam Huff doing a signing was a couple of years ago down here in Fredericksburg at the Card Cellar.

They have Devin Thomas and HB Blades as well. Also it says former Heisman winner Pat Sullivan played for the Redskins in the mid 70's

Archived