Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Eagles game in Philly.. Is it safe for Skins fans?

TGibson810

I was there in '05 and '06 with my young teenaged daughter. See my smiling face in post #1 of the Show Yourselves sticky in the tailgate forum with Tarhog and Blade. Yessir, that's a Brunell gamer I'm wearing. :) I was too naive to know that you don't wear cherished jerseys to the Linc. Wear the most beat up POS replica or counterfeit jersey you have, and a crappy ball cap too.

pshh.... I wasn't that young. Like... 17. The guys harassing me were probably about 2 to 3 years older than me too... REALLLL scary... not. You always exagerate. :-P

side note: bringing young children is sometimes a good idea. it's like a safety shield. they'll definitely be exposed to some swearing... but for the most part, nobody's gonna try to fight you when you're holding hands with your 10 year old... just something to keep in mind. i went walking around the parking lot with Macs a Skins Fan's young daughter and she insulted those Eagles fans right back when they boo'd us. Then they'd just laugh. I mean, what are they really gonna do to a little kid? Nothing.

pshh.... I wasn't that young. Like... 17. The guys harassing me were probably about 2 to 3 years older than me too... REALLLL scary... not. You always exagerate. :-P

side note: bringing young children is sometimes a good idea. it's like a safety shield. they'll definitely be exposed to some swearing... but for the most part, nobody's gonna try to fight you when you're holding hands with your 10 year old... just something to keep in mind. i went walking around the parking lot with Macs a Skins Fan's young daughter and she insulted those Eagles fans right back when they boo'd us. Then they'd just laugh. I mean, what are they really gonna do to a little kid? Nothing.

Well, she did get hit by an egg, although it was a incidental egg bomb from above.

I guess bringing a young child would be sort of reverse psychology so to speak. I never would have thought of that because I've always believed that those animals were capable of anything. I have no problem being booed or harrassed verbally to a certain extent, but if they physically strike me I'll have a problem with that.

We happily make the drive from the Philly burbs to FedEx to see the Skins-I would never take my kids to a Skins-Eagles game in Philly. We have friends who are multigeneration Eagles season ticket holders and they gave the tickets up because they didn't want their kids to go to games at the Linc. The language and general behavior at the games disgusted them, especially with it going on with kids present. The "You S---" chant is a lullaby compared to what they chant in Philly.

I figured this thread would be dead by now.

I was there in '05 and '06 with my young teenaged daughter. See my smiling face in post #1 of the Show Yourselves sticky in the tailgate forum with Tarhog and Blade. Yessir, that's a Brunell gamer I'm wearing. :) I was too naive to know that you don't wear cherished jerseys to the Linc. Wear the most beat up POS replica or counterfeit jersey you have, and a crappy ball cap too.

Is it safe? It seems to be generally safe. No blood was spilled on either trips. From what I read, the '07 trip was okay too. Lots of verbal intimidation though. Eggs too (none landed on me). Lost a ball cap over the upper deck railing one game. Had sauce thrown at me in the stands. Somebody had a tire valve core removed so their tire went flat. My magnets were stolen (my fault, I forgot and left them on, alcohol was involved). My Redskins chair case was taken (stolen) right in front of us -- the Eagles fan laughed and ran off with it.

This game at the linc is for super hard core Redskins fans who are ready to deal face to face with Eagles fans on their home turf. They have a rep and they're proud of it, and they'll do what they can, whatever they can, to get a reaction out of you. There are no limits to what they will say to you. If you're capable of turning the other cheek, you'll be ok. If you tend to get angry easily, maybe stay home.

Hey Mark, don't know if you remember meeting me, but I remember meeting you, your family and the nice spread that you guys had layed out in the parking lot of the Linc..

All I remember was how friendly you all were (offering food and drink) and I also remember seeing eggs...a whole lot of broken eggs around your camp.

And I definitely can't forget the real angry Redskins fan who was ready to whip up on anyone and everyone wearing an Eagles jersey who spoke negatively about our military.

My cousin and her boyfriend are Skins fans and they're moving up to Philly in a couple of days. She suggested I should drive up for the weekend and hit up the Skins/Eagles game with them. I'm seriously considering it, but the thing is neither of them have been to a Skins game before. A game at the Linc could be an interesting experience, although I kind-of wish she could experience FedEx before being brutally harassed and swearing off football games for all eternity. I'll probably go, and in return bring her to the Eagles game at FedEx on Dec. 21 while she's visiting over the Holidays. It would be a totally different experience.

i went to the 07 game we won and boy did i hear alot of ****. No one touched me though it may help that im 6-4 260lbs but I saw a skins fan basically running out of the stadium holding his two small childrens hands to the chorus of **** you's.

I dont know man i consider myself a tough guy but life is short and sometimes i wonder if its really worth it in the scheme of things to go deal with those *******s.

I'll be going with my wife and her brother and his wife next year. I'll be the only Skins fan of the bunch, but I don't care. I'll wear my colors and cheer loud and proud for the burgundy and gold.

I hear crap from her brother and his wife all the time, but they are the excetion not the rule. Alot of good natured ribbing.

I may wear eagles colors though, this would be the jersey I would wear:

p2754686_customback.chain]

Archived