Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedEx Field seating question (section 222 obstructed view)

s0crates

Hey guys, my boss just gave me 4 tickets and a parking pass to the 'zona game tommmorow. :D I am thrilled to be making my first trip to FedEx field this year, but was wondering if any of you extremers could give me a little info on my seats.

I am in section 222, row 22, seats 7-10. I looked up the section on http://www.ascticket.com/cooke.html (which, by the way is a great resource complete with photos of the field from every section in the stadium) and discovered to my delight that my seats were on the 50 yard line.

However, my tickets says that they are obstructed view bleachers on the lower level. I have heard horror stories about some of these obstructed view seats, such as sitting behind a pillar, not being able to see the ball in flight, etc.

So, could anybody who is familiar with these seats tell me just how good or bad they are? Will I be in the "cave of chaos?" Will I be behind a pillar? Will I simply not be able to see the ball on punts and deep passes? I would appreciate any info you folks might provide.

Regardless, I'll be there, I'll be loud and proud, and I hope to be singing "Hail to the Redskins" often.

(Mods, I'm not sure if it is OK to start a new thread for this; please have mercy on me if it is not).

From my experience, above row 15 is hard to see the game. I sat in row 21 for the chargers game a couple of years ago and ended up moving to some vacant seats below me in row 13 because we couldnt see a thing. When people stood up we couldnt see anything and ended up looking at the screens they provide. Lucky for us there were vacant seats below.

I sit in 221, row 21, seats 11-12. Sections 221 and 222 have the same views, but on opposite sides of the 50 yardline as the actual 50 ydln is on the steps b/t the two sections.

Seats 7-10 in row 22 are on the 40 yardline and you will be behind the pillar, but the views should be clear from the 40 ydls through both endzones where the most important action takes place.

The 20 yards of midfield b/t the 40s will be mostly blocked, but that's what the tv monitors above you are for.

The Cave also tends to be less crowded in the second half, so you can move around in the section according to where the play is on the field in relation to the pillar in front of you.

If your buds give you **** for giving them obstructed seats, tell 'em to buy their own tix. That usually shuts 'em up quick. LOL!

Have a great game!

Hey guys, my boss just gave me 4 tickets and a parking pass to the 'zona game tommmorow. :D I am thrilled to be making my first trip to FedEx field this year, but was wondering if any of you extremers could give me a little info on my seats.

It's a cheap way to get into the stadium, but obstructed view seats are horrible. Seriously. I don't know about those specific seats, but the ones I've seen are embarrassingly bad. I have no idea why the REDSKINS front office would allow an "obstructed view" section.

Look for empty seats and move to them ASAP.

actually the most fun ive had at games are in the obstructed view seats. you get the televisions right above you for any replays score updates from around the league, or if you cant see the play, always look up. you cant see the ball when the ball is punted, kicked, or thrown kinda high.

I have no idea why the REDSKINS front office would allow an "obstructed view" section.

$$ & more $.

The TO sells those seats for hundreds of dollars per game on Stubhub and people buy them. The guys next to me at the Lions game (all Det. fans) paid $150 per ticket.

I paid $32 a seat, so I made fun of them for it and they laughed in disgust.:laugh:

actually the most fun ive had at games are in the obstructed view seats.

That's what I'm sayin brother. The Cave is the loudest part of FedEx.

A cool breeze always flows through and you never have to deal with roasting hot sun or cold rain.

Best of all, you have the TD Club right in front of you for easy relocation to prime seats.

If you attend every game on a budget like me, The Cave is a nice way to go.

• 4 years later...

I hope this isn't an infraction to the rule to bring up this thread but I need help! Looking for tickets to take my dad to a game and I found tickets in Sec. 138 Row 25. Are these good tickets? They aren't obstructed view from what I understand but what I've read it's tough to see the game above row 20. Any feedback would be great

I sit in obstructed view seats. I can't see punts in the air, kicks, or reeaaally high passes.

Which is fine, because of a few things.

A) You can tell where the ball is coming down (by player position, or it's a field goal), so you don't really miss anything unless -

B) The ball doesn't come down. Which is rare.

Either way, you should have fine seats, unless you are right next to a pillar, but then you can lean forward, or back, for the few plays that it blocks.

And if someone blocks your view by standing up, you can do this really neat trick called "Standing Up Also." It alleviates that problem quite well.

And if someone blocks your view by standing up' date=' you can do this really neat trick called "Standing Up Also." It alleviates that problem quite well.[/quote']

Well, except that the angle from row to row is smaller than with other seats, so far enough back and you feel like you're looking out of a tank slit when you look over folks' heads.

$$ & more $.

The TO sells those seats for hundreds of dollars per game on Stubhub and people buy them. The guys next to me at the Lions game (all Det. fans) paid $150 per ticket.

I paid $32 a seat, so I made fun of them for it and they laughed in disgust.:laugh:

That and don't discount that unsold OV seats don't count against a blackout, I don't think. That's half the reason -- same reason why we're getting SRO seats up high. Lots of discretionary tickets for Danny to sell however and whenever he likes.

Still waiting on Tag-a-Seat day for this year...

Well, except that the angle from row to row is smaller than with other seats, so far enough back and you feel like you're looking out of a tank slit when you look over folks' heads.

Not calling you a liar, but I've also sat up in the back of the obstructed view (especially when buddies are back there, or I'm getting pissed at opposing fans near me and move back so I'm in a better position), and it's really not bad. And I'm 5'10, so I'm not tall. You don't get the sky and all the space, true, but you can still see it all.

It's no worse than viewing on the SD tv's behind the bar at your local small town drinking spot.

Not calling you a liar' date=' but I've also sat up in the back of the obstructed view (especially when buddies are back there, or I'm getting pissed at opposing fans near me and move back so I'm in a better position), and it's really not bad. And I'm 5'10, so I'm not tall. You don't get the sky and all the space, true, but you can still see it all.

It's no worse than viewing on the SD tv's behind the bar at your local small town drinking spot.[/quote']

I'm 6'2", and it annoyed me. Not calling you a liar, but I wish I was sitting behind your munchins. ;)

Check this video:

You can't see crud once everyone jumps up. I sat in OV for three seasons and would like to go back this season, but it's got its cons. I'm glad you enjoy it -- I do too -- but kcofdc isn't wrong.

Here's the view from the video in case someone doesn't feel like clicking (it's even clearer in the video, however).

Before:

OVbeforeTD.png

After:

OVafterTD.png

You don't get that in the standard seating. EDIT: There was a lady with, um, big hair that routinely sat in front of me in 223 with her son, and boy. Annoying. Up in standard seating, it's steep enough that's not a problem. Funny story -- took my buddy's tix to a game last season. His seats are up in the 500s or whatever. And the same lady was there. I guess she'd gotten "real" season tickets. She was down several rows to my right, but even if I was behind her, no problems.

To be honest, if you were to take that video last year, I'd be one of those dark hands in the air after the touchdown.

My standards must be much lower than yours, because that does not bother me.

Of course, the previous sentence assumes I have standards. Which may or may not be true.

Archived