Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No More New Jerseys

mrjoolius

I swear if Lavar leaves to another team, I'm never buying a skins jersey with a current player again. I have a nice Coles jersey and a Lavar jersey. I thought both would be building blocks for the future for years to come. Mmm... Not. First Coles was gone after one season and now it seems Lavars days are ticking down.

I think my next jersey is going to have to be a throwback. You can't really go wrong there and they never go out of style.

JD

I agree, I hate New Jersey. :D

I swear if Lavar leaves to another team, I'm never buying a skins jersey with a current player again. I have a nice Coles jersey and a Lavar jersey. I thought both would be building blocks for the future for years to come. Mmm... Not. First Coles was gone after one season and now it seems Lavars days are ticking down.

I think my next jersey is going to have to be a throwback. You can't really go wrong there and they never go out of style.

JD

I have a white and burgandy Coles jersey, but I got them both for $35 when he was traded.

They work for me cause my last name is Coles :silly:

My first retro replica was an Arrington that I had to be really creative to even get produced (before he signed the NFLPA contract). MY second was a Baugh. I'm not giving up on Lavar, but I'll never buy another current player jersey again. It will be my name or a Redskins great.

My sister made fun of me when I said I was going to get my own name put on the back. But I don't care! I am gonna' do it anyway. I got a Green jersey... that will always be hype. Davis was a jackhammer and I still sport that sometimes. But if 56 splits! I will not shell out my duckets for a new jersey again. Then again, perhaps I will go to Wal-mart and get one of those 20$ ones! I will get the new flavor of the month! If they trade him (56)...he is gonna come back and split #8's wig open. Mark my words.

I almost bought an Arrington jersey at the mall the other day, but I thought, nah, looks like L.A. is gonna be gone next season. It's sad to think about but yeah, no one can stay with the team forever.

Here's what I'm gonna do: Just stick with one jersey at a time. For example, I got a Sam Shade jersey when he was on the Redskins. He left. Then I got a Portis jersey. When he leaves (hopefully NEVER), I will just get a new 'skins jersey of my next favorite player, and so on and so forth.

Bottom line: I don't like wearing jerseys of guys who aren't on the team anymore.

I hear you, my next jersey is going to be D. Green, A. Monk, J. Riggins, or some other great retired Redskin. I have a Bailey jersey and an Arrington jersey. If he retires, I will 'live with it', if he goes to another team....well....that's just anothershirt I won't be wearing...

I have/had a Bailey jersey too. Took it to a sporting goods/screen printer store that makes a lot of high school stuff and had them remove the Bailey patch and put a Springs patch on it. If Springs leaves soon I may just get Bryant put on the back of it and say it's a Kelvin Bryant throwback, lol.

I have/had a Bailey jersey too. Took it to a sporting goods/screen printer store that makes a lot of high school stuff and had them remove the Bailey patch and put a Springs patch on it. If Springs leaves soon I may just get Bryant put on the back of it and say it's a Kelvin Bryant throwback, lol.

Can they remove the name AND the number of a replica jersey?

In the summer of 2000 after Lavar was drafted, I went to go buy a jersey before the season. It was either going to be Brad or Stephen Davis. When I got there, they had a whole rack of Lavars. I was so happy. I can't really complain about a jersey that I've gotten 6 years out of. Of course, I'll never wear it to another game if he's no longer on the team.

Archived