1. Call it a holdover from the halcyon Gibbs days, when I was but a young bard traipsing through these forums. IDK who they body snatched you with since
2. Hopefully we resign Breeland. If we do, and Moreau (who by the way, was virtually the same story out of college as Fuller was, high round talent with significant injury that makes him drop) pans out, we good at corner. Big ifs though, I'll admit.
3. I respect your opinion that Kirk is the guy, but as good as that dime was, I cannot get past nor explain his performance against the Giants this year. One performance, admittedly, but wow, what a horrible game against a horrible team when the stakes are high. I just can't let it go. It's inexcusable.
4. Do you find that the reports of other teams making offers, and the kind of offers they made for him, equally stupid? One of them by a GM that has won a Super Bowl and been to another? It wasn't just our FO that wanted Smith. If it was, I'm with you 100%.
5. I cannot agree with you that giving hope and dashing it is worse than never giving hope at all. If you're giving Vinny a pass on all of these decisions because Snyder overrode him, then Snyder overrode Allen too. I just think that to say that Vinny is not worse requires giving him advantages that aren't afforded to Allen, and that doesn't seem accurate to me. This, from Wikipedia: "Cerrato was hired by the Redskins in 1999. During this time, he acquired older big name stars like Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Irving Fryar, Jeff George, and Mark Carrier. He was then fired by Marty Schottenheimer in 2001. During his brief hiatus from the Redskins, Cerrato worked for ESPN as a college analyst." Regardless of if it was Snyder's will, he was still there for it. Just like Allen is right now. Just treat Snyder as the same character in both analyses, because otherwise Snyder has grown, and we all know that hasn't happened.
5. Everything you just said has been true of them like 3 times in the last 10 years, and they still suck. They have the same HC and the same roster and the same owner and they play in the same place. Don't give them too much credit, they've done this whole song and dance before and it hasn't worked. No reason to expect it will now.
6. Again, I don't think Bruce called the shots while Shanahan was here. I think some may disagree, but to do so goes in the face of everything that was reported and everything we know about Shanahan as a coach. Either way, we have a coach at .500 right now through his first 3 years and I can't think of the last time that happened to Washington. If we suck next year, or the year after, I hope that wakes Snyder up, but it won't, so instead I just choose to hope for the blind squirrel.