Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins' Scouting Dept.

Portis4President

I think one thing most Skins fans would agree on is that we would be delighted if My Cousin Vinny was no longer a part of this organisation. I don;t put all the blame for some of the mistakes made with personnel but he certainly part of the problem not the solution in my mind.

While Joe Gibbs is our head coach - and I hope he stays for at least another two seasons to get us right back on track - there is not much point in making changes as Joe has final say.

However at the point when it is decided he will be retiring again I hope we bring in a top flight GM who can both hire the next Head Coach and reorg our front office from top to bottom.

Vinny is only as good as the people around him. He's not the guy who makes the decisions here, he just organizes the information for those who make the decisions.

Until Gibbs got here, the decisionmakers were questionable.

The problem is, from the outside, we don't know if the problems are with the decisionmakers or the scouting. I mean, did Williams select Arch based on good information, or was the information good and the decision bad? Or, were both good and things just didn't work out as expected?

The scouting can't be all bad when you find guys like Montgomery and Golston, who both look like gems in the rough.

Jason

We have a scouting dept.? :rolleyes:

Ooooh.... you mean PRO scouting don't you. Cuz we sure the heck don't have anyone looking at college players (at least it seems like it). We flush away draft picks like toilet paper and pass over great players for marginal ones. We should stick to what we do best and that's overpaying for PRO players from other teams. And leave the scouting and drafting of college players to the other teams. We got a system here and it's working!!! Oh wait..... :doh:

Archived