Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Redskins fans been to Spain during football season?

U C S D SkinsFan

i was just wondering if anyone here has ever been to spain, madrid specifically, during the nfl season...i will be in madrid for the fall and need to know if they have bars in europe that show nfl games. i can't use slingbox or tivo etc. etc. because i live in california so i don't get the games anyway

thankss

:logo:

Ive been in sevilla spain for the past year and the only feed that i nkow of is sky sports, a british channel. In sevilla there are only 2 bars that pick up american football and both only show sky sports, also, the owners of these bars do not know of any other feeds. So it seems to me sky sports is your only bet, and they only platy one game per time slot, 1pm, 4pm etc... over all i would say sky sports picked up 4 of the 16 skins games. But ask around, maybe you will have better luck in the bigger city.

i was just wondering if anyone here has ever been to spain, madrid specifically, during the nfl season...i will be in madrid for the fall and need to know if they have bars in europe that show nfl games. i can't use slingbox or tivo etc. etc. because i live in california so i don't get the games anyway

thankss

:logo:

Don’t know about the regular season. I watched the Super Bowl in Barcelona last year. It was broadcasted live... at 1:00 a.m. :doh:

Depending where in Spain you are most bars out there will get Sky Sports which carries two NFL games every Sunday here in Europe. Problem is it will clash with football (i.e soccer!) season which is as big in Spain as it is here in the UK so I would guess most bars will be showing soccer games not the NFL.

Your best bet is probably to make friends with some Brits (there are a lot living or with second homes in and around the holiday areas) who have Sky Satellite set up and get your self invited over on a Sunday night!

In the UK we also get the SFN and MNF games live on Channel 5 but I'm not sure if you can get those in Spain.

If all else fails look up pontel.com who for a chunk of change will ship you out a DVD of every game - you get it a week after it happens but its better than nothing.

Hope you enjoy your time in Europe - have to say Spain is not my favourite place at least not the touristy areas.

Cheers

Martin

your going to have some trouble...

i went 9yrs ago...some papers published the scores monday morning,usually made my weekly call on mondays to get the scores...

i actually lucked out & met a guy from DC....seemed to run into him in every city..he'd just make a call..that's how we found out about the frerotte headbang episode..

Archived