Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rolling Stones at Fed-Ex...............

skinsfan44

I got in the mail from the redskins that the Stones are going to play at Fed-Ex on 10/4/2002. Since I am a season ticket holder in the Club,(sec. 328) I get the first right to buy tickets to any event at Fed-Ex. Now, I have seen the Stones before so I don't want to go but if anyone want 's to go let me know and I will order them for you to buy from me. I have to know by 6/7/2002.

The tickets are $90.00 per seat(I have two) plus $15.00 service charge(I know, that is not cheap). Also if you want premium parking that would be $25.00 extra. This is face value that I am selling these for, I am not going to make a dime from this, just want to offer these to anyone(skinsfans only, cowpuke fans need not apply) from extremeskins. For more details and/or to order private message me.

Sorry, but the tickets have been sold. A friend of mine who goes to some Redskins games with me got them. I told him he was crazy but he said he wanted to see the Stones one last time. Now, $105 for a ticket to a concert is nuts. I can afford that but I am not going to pay that. Now, if Jimi Henderix came back to life and had a concert, then I would pay that(or more) but the Stones? I guess this is going to pay for there retirement.

Now, I am going to show my age and tell y'all that back in the 70's I use to go to concerts for $6.50 to $8.50 at the Capitol Center(US Air Arena). Then when the price went up to $10.00 we were pi$$ed. I know it was a differant time but the ticket prices are getting out of hand. What do y'all think of ticket prices for concerts?

What the hell, I'll show my age as well.

My first concert was Elton John in 1974. I was 9. Don't know how much they cost. Also saw the Eagles and Peter Frampton with my parents before purchasing my first concert tickets at age 13 to see ...

KISS. How much? $12.50. Still have the stub.

Most I've paid is $40 for Pearl Jam. Wasn't worth it.

I paid $46 for my Pearl Jam ticket years ago. Wasn't worth it... and Neil Young - who opened - put on a much better show.

I paid $46 for REM. Sucked bad.

I paid $50+ for a weekend at Lollapalooza in '95: Hole (Courtney Love's band), Cypress Hill, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Sonic Youth and Pavement. Good times. Crazy times. :)

Paid $40 for Guns'n'Roses way back. Axel had a couple of topless ladies serve him a few drinks mid-concert. Though that was kinda cool :) And I suppose the show was decent enough.

I generally don't get a kick out of going to concerts. The tickets are overpriced... not to mention if you want any collectibles. The sound is horrible. Half the time they don't even play the songs you like... and if they do.. they change the lyrics or something. You're completely crowded with no breathing room. When you're 5'7" it's impossible to see over/through anyone... and my head is the perfect height for other people's elbows to knock into when obnoxious drunks start getting rowdy.

Nah... I can appreciate music without having to view the band performing the songs live. It just doesn't enhance the experience for me.

27 to go...

I'm with you Die Hard, going to these huge stadium concerts where you can only hear the music through the speakers and see the musicians on a jumbotron just doesn't do it for me. I love live music, but it has to be in a small venue, live music in clubs can be great (if everyone isn't packed in like sardines), but these super-sized extra-value deals they try to sell you just don't do it for me.

I went to a Metallica concert a few years ago with a press pass. I work in a newspaper, and this dude that I know was going up to photograph it. I believe the concert was in PSINet stadium, and the tickets would have cost 135 bucks each had I not gone for free. Korn, System of a Down, Powerman5000, and Kid Rock were playing too. I got to meet Korn, they were pretty cool. Some dude jumped off the upper deck and died during that concert as well...lots of kids smoking weed. I still remember the smell...it smelled like somebody has put about 500 pounds of weed in a bathtub of beer...damn, that brings back memories. ah well.

Thanks Die Hard. I suspect a lot more people read the threads here than check the calender. :)

I must agree in general about concerts. More often than not they aren't worth the big bucks. If you can be lucky enough to catch bands in the smaller, more intimate venues it can, however, be a real pleasure. I caught my favorite band at the Graffitti Showcase in Pittsburgh a few years back. The place holds about 800-1000 people. For 18 bucks I got to:

- eat a meal (right around the band),

- converse with, take pictures of and (for those who were interested) get autographs of the band,

- sit in on their soundcheck,

- be a part of a one-hour question and answer session

- go to the concert.

Best $18 I ever spent. Great memories.

Concerts in the 70's??

OK, I'll show my age, Anybody ever go to concerts at the old Alexandria Roller Rink?

I saw Jethro Tull, Humble Pie, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath (that was before before Ozzy was cool :) ), and a few others who I can't remember because it WAS the '60s and '70s and those memory cells have long since been fried.

But as I remember we'd see three bands for 8$ to $12. About the same price as a lid.

Hey Terry, I have never heared of the Alexandria Roller Rink but have you ever been to Louie's Rock City at Bailey's Cross Roads, VA(this of course was back in the 70's and it's no longer there). It use to be a food store at one time before(I think I heared it was a Safeway) and was turned into a niteclub/small concert hall that use to have the battle of the bands.

Man, for $5 you would see 3 to 5 bands(local of course) and over 5 to 6 weekend's, differant bands would battle it out to be #1. They also had national bands. I saw Judas Priest there in 78' and it was their first time they ever played in the DC area. You were so close to the stage that you were almost on stage with them.

I also use to be a roadie for 3 differant bands(not at the same time) and all 3 had at one time won the battle of the bands there. I use to roadie for Sledge, Monarck, and Raven. They were all Heavy Metal/Hard Rock bands(yes I am a headbanger) and between the loud music and all the:high: I have lost a few brain cells along the way too.:laugh:

Yeah, the Roller Rink was torn down in the 70's. As a concert venue it was the pits. No seats, just staning on concrete in building with all the accoustics of an aircraft hangar.

Yeah, I remember Louies Rock City, but I never went there.

Of all places, I saw the Kinks in at Marshall High School in 1970, I believe, and Grease Band (without Joe ****er) too. They'd get the occaisional 2nd an 3rd tier bands to play there. Thay had to be the cheesiest concerts I ever saw inside. Outside, I think an Iron Butterfly concert in a field in South Carolina was likely the worst.

In those days, the best venue was Constitutional Hall. Comfy, not too big, excellent accoustics, and security guys who didn't care. Cellar Door was good for an up close and sweaty show, and I guess that Cap Center was OK for a bigger venue, although I preferred Merriwether.

I think I saw just about every late 60's early 70's band that came through DC.

Archived