Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foolishness

bird_1972

I can't believe the FO is considering a trade for Abraham. The guy is NOT a team player, is consistantly hurt, and is looking for a major payday. Sounds like just the kind of guy the Skins have loved to bring on ever since Snyder took over.

Look, I realize we want value for Coles, but Gibbs (or more likely, some mole in the organization) tipped our hand and now everyone and thier brother know we are considering dropping Coles altogether, thereby killing any trade value he might have. Under those circumstances, a trade for Abraham might look attractive on the surface.

Believe me, if we are to purge our roster of bloated contracts and bring on "Skins"-type guys, the way to do it is NOT by signing this clown. He will pull a Stubblefield on us, mark my words, if he suits up in burgandy and gold next season.

If we are going to release him, let's release him. Hope that he is able to find a way to minimize the cap damage by doing so - that way, we can make wise investments in a balance of veterans (Mason) and rookies (Williams) if Coles goes.

In a related topic, maybe we should grab a Psychiatrist on staff to screen these clowns from now on before we grab them. Coles is showing himself to be quite the headcase.:doh:

Originally posted by manichispanic

i heard an interesting point on the radio yesterday. You're talking about keeping redskins players. The two people that have embodied work ethic, and toughness, are Coles and Smoot and both of them will most likely not be back next year.

Yet even more interesting is that both had character concerns surrounding them prior to the Skins acquiring them.

manichipanic wrote: heard an interesting point on the radio yesterday. You're talking about keeping redskins players. The two people that have embodied work ethic, and toughness, are Coles and Smoot and both of them will most likely not be back next year.

IMO being a core 'Skin includes realizing your (desired) salary will cause a greater negative effect on the integrity of the team than you are worth.

Core players by definition should also be high value players.

Manic,

I see your point and it is well taken. Coles was great and I have no complaints about his work ethic. In fact, I think he went above/beyond the call several times. The thing is, though, that being a team player is something that is determined over the long haul - a guy shows loyalty and is willing to work with a new system, even if it hurts his stats, if there is the chance it will improve the team as a whole. This is where Coles is proving himself to not be this kind of player IF what everyone is saying is true (this is a crucial distinction).

Remember that we felt this past season as well as this offseason would be where Gibbs would most firmly assert his stamp on the team, weeding out those who didn't belong here or didn't want to be here. Perhaps this is the manifestation of that process.

Originally posted by galentjm

Yet even more interesting is that both had character concerns surrounding them prior to the Skins acquiring them.

The point being that we've not seen a hint of those issues affect either guy with us, doubly so on the field. Smoot wants a payday. I'm not sure exactly what Coles' problem is but he apparently wants to play elsewhere. Neither of these guys has been a bust for us.

Archived