Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jon Lajoie coming to the Improv April 7th!

Springfield

Jon Lajoie, the comedian responsible for such hits as "Everyday Normal Guy" and "Show Me Your Genitals" is coming to the Washington D.C. Improv April 7th.

People here on ES (some of them, the cool ones) seem to like his skits/songs so I figured I'd give everyone a heads up. Jon Lajoie is a Canadian comedian who has broken out via the internet on sites like break.com, funnyordie.com and youtube. I told my girl that if he ever came to D.C. I would be buying tickets. Well, quite surprisingly, he was announced to be performing at the Improv earlier this week. I was surprised because most of his performances are in Canada. Thank god my girl is super cool and found this out, I immediately ordered tickets. Yay me!

In case you guys hadn't heard of him, here's some of his material (NSFW)...

Everyday Normal Guy:

Everyday Normal Guy 2:

Everyday Normal Crew:

Show Me Your Genitals:

Show Me Your Genitals 2: E=MC Vagina:

Sunday Afternoon:

2 Girls 1 Cup Song:

High As ****:

Rapist Glasses:

Pedophile Beards:

Too Fast:

A Holiday Greeting from Jon Lajoie:

Song for Britney:

I can't wait. I think this show will be funny as hell. Hopefully his stand up is as good as his videos.

Im down to go if he is doing stand up. I've never heard his stand up but I bet he is hilarious

It would be lame if he was just singing his songs.

Yeah, I don't really know what to expect. Pretty much everything I've seen of his has been hilarious so that's what made me want to go. I have high expectations and hope he doesn't disappoint.

• 1 month later...

I just got back from this show. It was good. Jon LaJoie was pretty damn funny in person. There were several of his notable songs mixed in with him doing plain old stand up. It was more than I expected.

Also... his name is pronounced Jon Lajoie (Lajwah, like Patrick Roy)... not Jon LaJoie (LaJoy) as I had previously thought. Kinda creepy in a Canadian kind of way.

What kind of stand up did he do? Stories? Observations? Is he comparable to anyone else?

I would have loved to go to this

Well.... women are equal and the deserve respect. Just kidding they can suck my dick... :)

Before he came out, they played a little skit. Not one that was shown on the internet but similar in style. Then he came out with "Average Everyday Guy" with slightly modified lyrics. Mostly the same but differences were noticeable.

He compared himself with what he was "supposed to be" in a stand up comedian. Apparently Hollywood had been courting him and wants him to do more stand up. He did "standard" jokes but with his own type of spin.

He did another song or two that were familiar from the interwebz. Did more jokes about how he's just "another" internet comedian.

There were more and I wish I could quote some of his jokes but I'm pretty drunk. There was plenty of new material mixed in with the old stuff. He seemed like he was a complete stoner, who knows. Mondizzle thinks I just make this up about "up and coming" comedians.

All and all, it was a good show. I had a blast. Glad I went and saw him. Lots of fun.

Archived