Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar's Future

mstein26888

I have been a Redskin fan since I could watch football, but this "Lavar" thing just doesn't sit right. Does anyone else out there find themselves rooting for him still? I know there are a lot of people out there who think he is on the downside of his career and that he is undiciplined. They say that the defense was better without him, that he missed assignments, that he was a cancer, but I actually hope he does great where ever he goes. Wasn't Gregg Williams fired as Head Coach at Buffalo. When did he become the defensive genius that everyone thinks he is. Don't get me wrong, he is a good defensive coach. I hope Lavar makes the Skins regret letting him go. Unlike other players, Lavar has kept his nose clean throughout his career, given back to the community and gave a face to the franchise when there was down times. It actually turns my stomache to think of watching the great Redskin/Giant rivalry and seeing him in the blue jersey across the line waiting for a piece of Brunell.

The motivation and intensity that Lavar will have this coming season, will be impressive to watch. He will be out to prove that he is back to 100% and will be making plays and hurting people. I for one will continue to follow him and his career and hope that he lives up to his potential and he becomes the dominate player we thought he would be in 2000.

Hail to the Redskins:gaintsuck

you'll finds that the people here turn on any ex-redskins pretty hard and very quick. combine the fact that people with something negative to say are ALWAYS the ones to pipe-up first and you won't get too many good reactions

however, yes i am rooting for him, and i hope goes someplace and plays to his ability. i don't his problems with the skins were all his fault. he got screwed by an agent, and by the ego of an X's&O's coach. GW is a very good offensive coordinator, but i think his failing in Buffalo will be his failing here. he is not a player's coach like JG

obviosly he will be missed.. but gibbs knows what he has to do to win a title. right now, my whoe thing is that the team is before the player and with lavar here, he was still thinking about himself before the team. right now, we are playing great as a team. we need more guy who buy in the team concept. No wonder why new england won 3 out of 4 superbowls. Go figure

Hello mstein26888. Welcome aboard. As you might have noticed, we have a ton of members. Before posting a thought, it would help if you searched the board to see if it would be better suited in one of the existing threads. Things get very cluttered, otherwise. Also, if you haven't already done so, please take time to read the rules and guidelines.

And no I won't miss Lavar. His mood swings are too much to deal with. Good riddance.

And don't be offended if this thread get's closed. We have dozens of Lavar threads started in the last few days, so it's a pretty beat to death topic.

you'll finds that the people here turn on any ex-redskins pretty hard and very quick. combine the fact that people with something negative to say are ALWAYS the ones to pipe-up first and you won't get too many good reactions

however, yes i am rooting for him, and i hope goes someplace and plays to his ability. i don't his problems with the skins were all his fault. he got screwed by an agent, and by the ego of an X's&O's coach. GW is a very good offensive coordinator, but i think his failing in Buffalo will be his failing here. he is not a player's coach like JG

where do I start....I know GW is not an OC. Please use search function or add to an existing topic. I'm glad he's gone. I'll leave the rest to other members.

I supposed everyone posting 'pro-Lavar' messages purchased one of his jersey's at regular price. No offense, but you all & your jersey's can hit the bricks with Lavar. He's gone, get over it. Gibbs got us to the playoffs, not Lavar.

Yes I will still be rooting for him also I hated to see him go but we had to let him go so we'd have enough room to sign some more players. I also think that Lavar had to do what he did instead suspect he would have a small paycut he will get a pay raise.

Lavar is gone. Get used to it.

But the same people here that are bad mouthing him and praising Sean Taylor will be doing the same to Taylor in a couple years if something happens.

"Yeah, Sean Taylor is overrated, he never lived up to the hype, he's not a true Redskin, yadda yadda yadda."

Lavar is, and I suspect always will be, one of those players who just never lived up to his talent. I bear him no ill will, but if he goes to another NFC East team, I certainly won't root for him. He'll probably make another Pro Bowl on name recognition and the spectacular hit, but he'll still miss some assignments. In the right system that might be OK.

He had his chance to stay here and he decided against it. So be it. He was surely not worth $12 million at this point in his career so I'm OK with himleaving. I honestly think we can find a player for less money who will do more for the team. I like LaVar but he is a bit of a drama queen and I certainly won't miss that.

I could care less. He blamed the team for his agents being a bunch of screw ups. There is no excuse for that in my book. As soon as you start to blame others for your mistakes, I stop caring.

Yes, blaming his agents is techinically "blaming someone else" but they have a duty to watch out for their client's best interests.

If your not wearing burgundy and gold, I don't root for you. I'm not a player fan. I'm a Redskin fan.

Who's this guy Lavar that everybody keeps crying about?

Yeah I'm with you on this one! Lavar WAS one of my favorite Redskins player but he gone know.....I will not be cheering for no one player other then who's on the Skins. I'm a REDSKINS fan first and only!:helmet:

Archived