Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bills Fans Unhappy with Censorship at Stadium

China

I guess Detroit isn't the only team censoring its fans.

Bills fans unhappy

By JOHN WAWROW

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - Among the many disgruntled Buffalo Bills season-ticket holders, Mike Allenbaugh looked forward to having the chance to voice his frustrations at the team's final home game by holding up a sign of protest.

After checking the team's stadium policy, Allenbaugh came up with a sign that read: "firE coacheS dumP maNagement" - the capital letters aligned to spell out ESPN, the national cable-TV network which broadcast the Dec. 17 game in which Denver defeated Buffalo 28-17.

But Allenbaugh never had a chance to hold up his sign. Ralph Wilson Stadium security officials confiscated it shortly before kickoff after first threatening to have him ejected.

"It's just ridiculous," Allenbaugh said this week. "I can go in there and say, 'Go Bills.' I can go in there and say, 'Go Patriots.' Why can't I say, 'I don't like you as a manager.' That makes no sense to me whatsoever."

Allenbaugh, a 23-year-old Air Force veteran, wasn't alone. He was one of several fans who had their letters published in the Buffalo News last weekend, accusing the Bills of stifling free speech after witnessing security officials confiscate negative signs, T-shirts, and even the paper bags some fans wore over their heads.

"Just because the management and coaching is awful, where do they get off violating our First Amendment right to freedom of speech?" Allenbaugh wrote. "From now on, if you go to a sporting event, sit in your seat and don't make a noise until the front office says you can."

Click on the link for the full article

then stop watching it and hanging out in football chat rooms if it sucks that bad. go watch college so you can see UF play 12 home games a year...
Wait, suddenly having a negative opinion about how things are run means we shouldn't watch? Whatever fanboy, this censorship at stadiums is LAME. It's a bunch of stuffed suits deciding that fans, that are the source of revenue, aren't allowed to comment on the crappy job they are doing.

Guess what, I'm still going to watch football because I don't have to agree with everything they do to still love the game.

Wait, suddenly having a negative opinion about how things are run means we shouldn't watch? Whatever fanboy, this censorship at stadiums is LAME. It's a bunch of stuffed suits deciding that fans, that are the source of revenue, aren't allowed to comment on the crappy job they are doing.

Guess what, I'm still going to watch football because I don't have to agree with everything they do to still love the game.

well posted...

Archived