Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2nd Half Kickoff Fumble killed us

routemkr7

Seriously. That did us in. I know we looked pretty bad in the 1st half...but that fumble by Betts just killed us.

Enough negative stuff. Forget it and move on.

We still have 4 more games against our divison left, plus some important NFC games too. We can still win the division. Never give up!

Just wait until the giANTS come to DC. Paybacks are hell!

Well we need to go out and get a damn returner.

And I just don't understand how hard it is to find one. Take the Texans. Their front office couldn't find their own asses with a map. Yet they managed to use their 4th round pick on Jerome Mathis, a stud from Hampton with pure, official 4.29 speed. What happens? They get a KO return for a TD last week from him against the Colts.

A fourth-round pick! We wasted ours on Manuel White, after a trade-down. We could have had Mathis or Darren Sproles, who is one of the most electrifying young players in the game. You just can't afford to neglect such a position, especially when, with a pick in that round, you could definitely solidify it for years to come.

....which brings up a good point. I understood us cutting Antonio Brown, but I didn't like it for this exact reason. Do we now cut Ladell Betts? That wasn't his first fumble this year, and he generally looked incompetant on special teams all day. Its easy to lay down the law for the virtual no-names, but what happens when some of your more core players start screwing up to the same degree?

At the very least, I say take the guy off special teams.

And I just don't understand how hard it is to find one. Take the Texans. Their front office couldn't find their own asses with a map. Yet they managed to use their 4th round pick on Jerome Mathis, a stud from Hampton with pure, official 4.29 speed. What happens? They get a KO return for a TD last week from him against the Colts.

A fourth-round pick! We wasted ours on Manuel White, after a trade-down. We could have had Mathis or Darren Sproles, who is one of the most electrifying young players in the game. You just can't afford to neglect such a position, especially when, with a pick in that round, you could definitely solidify it for years to come.

You know, I think our whole draft (except for Rogers) was exposed today as being pretty poor. Between Brunell and Ramsey, we really didn't need Campbell, and it doesn't matter much anyway because our O line isn't protecting the QB. Then we wasted valuable middle rounders on guys who aren't playing at all. Our D line's inability to pressure the QB was never a secret, but it was horribly exposed today. We should have drafted some help for the D-line and saved the "QB of the future" pick for this year or next.

The Giants first drive with that 53 yard run killed us. Moreover, it took away much of the confidence we came in with.

No way. Why? It was only 3-0 with over 3.5 quarters to go, and our #2 offense hadn't even touched the field yet. Those first two three and outs set up all the poor momentum and are what really did us in.

No way. Why? It was only 3-0 with over 3.5 quarters to go, and our #2 offense hadn't even touched the field yet. Those first two three and outs set up all the poor momentum and are what really did us in.

wow, you still call it the #2 offense.

You know, I think our whole draft (except for Rogers) was exposed today as being pretty poor. Between Brunell and Ramsey, we really didn't need Campbell, and it doesn't matter much anyway because our O line isn't protecting the QB. Then we wasted valuable middle rounders on guys who aren't playing at all. Our D line's inability to pressure the QB was never a secret, but it was horribly exposed today. We should have drafted some help for the D-line and saved the "QB of the future" pick for this year or next.

Hey genius, Rogers was the only one who played. So the entire draft class was not exposed. EVERY TEAM HAS PLAYERS THEY DRAFTED IN THE 5th and 6th ROUNDS THAT ARE NOT PLAYING. Grow a football IQ and :stfu:

Yes there is a way. When you come in with a game plan, stop the run and Eli Manning, and right off the break the opponent gives you a deep dagger. Lets face it, that takes a huge toll quickly, it was obvious today. Now, if we had held them pointless. It may have been a different game, our offense may have been able to connect early, but then again maybe not. ( I am not one for the what ifs, but I do believe that the first run was crucial for our mentality.

Well we need to go out and get a damn returner.

We had one. He fumbled the 2nd half kickoff in week 1. He's been cut.

Archived