Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket

roqnap1

Originally posted by Redsk58417

I don't think so. The NFL and Directv have an exclusive relationship that costs Directv Billions of dollars. It is (in part) why the cap (salary) keeps rising. You won't find "The Sunday Ticket" on Dish Network or any other network for that matter.

I believe DTV has the rights until 2010. It was renegotiated last year.

I am a "Sunday Ticket only" subscriber to DTV for the last 2 years (5 years as a full subscriber before that) and I was wondering if anyone else is and if you may have heard a "rumor" that they are making it available to only DTV subscribers starting this year and not people who only get it for Sunday Ticket. Any CSR for DTV or anyone else know?

Question for anyone living in an apartment. Last year when I called for DTV they said that they needed written approval from the Apt complex before they can install it. When I asked the landlord he said no way...so I was planning on getting it this year but not telling him since the guy is never on the roof anyway. My question is do they really need the written permission?

Originally posted by shims3

How did some of you all only pay $160 last year. I am pretty sure I paid $230 or something like that.

I think I paid 4 payments of $49.75 ($199), but new comers get a higher rate. I've been subscribing since '99. Relatively new compared to some here.

Originally posted by Isifhan

Question for anyone living in an apartment. Last year when I called for DTV they said that they needed written approval from the Apt complex before they can install it. When I asked the landlord he said no way...so I was planning on getting it this year but not telling him since the guy is never on the roof anyway. My question is do they really need the written permission?

I've never had to get written approval for any installation and I have had Directv for about 8 years now(lived in at least 10 different apartments in that span). I'd call back and talk to a different CSR.

Worse comes to worse you can always buy your equipment on your own and hire a installer. They'll charge a fortune per hour but it's an option. I just did it that way to keep the local stations I have now rather than suffer with the ones I'm "supposed" to have.

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

If you are getting DTV and the sunday ticket, I think you might as well spring for the DVR at the same time.

It will change the way you watch TV for life.

I can't agree more. DVR for an extra $5 a month....I don't know how I watched TV before.

Archived