Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rogers is not meant to replace Smoot

Ghost of

Well, he willl replace Smooty in the short term. But you have to look at the bigger picture. Just as a team picks BPA because you never know when cap issues, character issues or injury will cut your depth at a position, the Skins picked someone for the FUTURE.

Springs is 30. He had a frightening head injury on Sunday Night football late in the season. There was already talk this year of him moving to safety when he got older.

Rogers isn't here to replace Smoot as much as he's insurance as a #1 CB. It just happens that he is a good short-term replacement for Smoot and adds depth. We can have Harris at CB until he's ready.

I agree with you completely-to replace smoot in the short term, Springs in the long term.

I'm hoping we pick up the Corner from Howard with our 4th rounder to compete with Wilds and Harris for the #3 spot.

If, a couple of years from now, Rogers was our #1, the howard guy our #2, and Wilds our #3, I think that would be a good Setup.

And assuming Springs/Harris last at least a little bit longer, that gives all 3 of hte time to develop.

I'm with you, but the idea of Springs playing safety is news to me.

This is the first I've heard of this. He's only 30 and we just payed him a lot of money to be our CB.

I think Rogers only has to be the 2nd best CB on the team when push comes to shove.

Actually, Liberty it makes perfect sense.

You're thinking in too linear a fashion. Yes, we probably would not have taken him had SMoot stayed, but that is because of the short term nature of that situation. Rogers wins out over others because of how important three good CBs are too Williams and Springs age.

Archived