Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Clayton vs Matt Jones

Awesome

Originally posted by ryerye05

Matt jones any day. Everyone is always over analyzing about the transition to playing receiver. Its not rocket science, look at antonio gates he didnt even play college football and he's turned into a pretty damn good TE. Mark clayton on the otherhand never showed up in the big games against legit defenses

Exactly.

The transition to WR is being highly overblown here in terms of difficulty.

Randle El did it easily, and he's not nearly the athlete that Jones is.

Originally posted by ryerye05

Matt jones any day. Everyone is always over analyzing about the transition to playing receiver. Its not rocket science, look at antonio gates he didnt even play college football and he's turned into a pretty damn good TE. Mark clayton on the otherhand never showed up in the big games against legit defenses

Amen brother. People also tend to forget another little known guy that wasn't a WR either but I think did ok by converting in the pros. His name was Art Monk. If that doesn't convince peope then maybe Gates success after not playing ANY football in college can. Oh btw Jones is faster than Gates and also played basketball in college one of the very few to play both football and basketball. And if that doesn't convince people maybe the little know fact that Jones had more rushing yards from the QB position than Vick might....anything else you guys need to know about this guy?

I guess this is where I will make my first post. I have been checking out this site for quite a while. I decided to register a few months ago, but have not felt the need to post. I have just surfed the site for all of the information offered.

I think that Matt Jones is a great project. But he's just that, a project. I think he would be a great pick in the THIRD round. He has only moved up the board because of media coverage and a great day at the combine.

Personally, I don't think he will be a first round pick. I think he will slip to the middle of the 2nd. All these teams are in love with the idea of a huge guy with that kind of speed. But he IS NOT a WR, not yet at least. It will take a lot of extra time for him to make that transition in my opinion.

Like I said, I would LOVE to get this guy in a later round (I know as of now we don't have a 3rd, but I think we will aquire one on draft day). But I just don't think he is worth a first round pick. IMO, a first round guy should be an immediate starter, or significant contributer. Matt Jones is a project, who may turn out to be great, but is too much of a risk for a first rounder.

Also, I would like to say that this is a great site. I have told friends about it and everyone loves it. Great job mods and owners!!

Archived