Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sprowles in the 3rd round????

skins84

There should be plenty of good linemen available in round both offensive and defensive. Some good players for the secondary should still be there, probably a top C prospect, some good guards, and maybe a highly rated WR may drop that far.

We're set for running backs. It would be a waste of a pick.

Let's see positions of a much higher need then RB

CB - obviously

DE - We need to find that pass rusher much more then we need a RB who can catch

OG - While we have starters for now, the depth is pretty suspect and getting the rookie now gives us time to work on him.

LB - as you have already mentioned. Too many question marks, see it as a low priority, but still very much higher

WR - I'm much more concerned about having WR who can run routes and catch the ball, then I am about a RB who can do that.

TE - We've been pulling in so many projects to look at for this position, we obviously aren't sold on it yet.. this would come before a RB as well.

a 3rd. round pick is usually a starter or someone recieving considerable playing time, and at LB that would be a backup and at wr and de there isn't going to be anyone left in the 3rd round that is going to come in and start so therefore i figure that sprowles would be the best player possibly still available with the most upside that could be drafted and succeed at a position where he is comfortable....

I'm really curious to see how you think this guy is going to see significant playing time? Portis is the obvious starter and we've got about 5 return guys already on the roster... so where does this guy even end up making the active roster? He's going to beat out Betts somehow? Any RB drafted is going to do nothing more then bump Rock completely off the team and be lucky to see the field for ST at best.

Archived