Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

to the cap experts...another question

skns4life

Assuming this wasn't just a joke - Never. You don't want to be like the Vikings, they're not spending money when they should be. The way I see it, we're pretty much out of "cap hell" now, after everything we've done this offseason. But of course, I'm no expert.

Good Lord. Next year, we'll be saving so much with the salary reduction Wynn gave us ($3M), Coles leaving ($7M), Lavar converting his bonus into a signing bonus (at or around $4M), and Samuels' new contract (rough recollectino of $7M). That's over $20M off our cap that we thought would be on it in 2006.

We should always be pushing the limit on the cap. That means we are fielding the most amount of talented players we can. The contracts should be taken in to account when looking into the future so as not to end up the Titans this year or the Ravens two years ago. The Patriots and Eagles have been contenders the last four years without hitting a cap "hell" we should be able to manage the same.

Originally posted by goldenster95

Good Lord. Next year, we'll be saving so much with the salary reduction Wynn gave us ($3M), Coles leaving ($7M), Lavar converting his bonus into a signing bonus (at or around $4M), and Samuels' new contract (rough recollectino of $7M). That's over $20M off our cap that we thought would be on it in 2006.

It's funny people against the trade fail to see or at least ignore how much better off we will be next year by taking the hit and getting Coles off the books. If we can get Smoot signed, what else were we gonna do with that cap room? Nothing great out there in free agency. Might as well take it now and we'll have room to do things next year.

I want a Lamar Arrington jersey!!!

anyways, notice how there isnt any critic complaining about our cap situation, compared to the last few seasons. Seems like everyone is realizing that the cap hell the Titans faced does not exist for us.

Archived