Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Judge Mike Williams, but read this first...

cphil006

Originally posted by Sebowski

I agree completely. I think we should trade down with what ever team is stupid enough to pick him that high, and let them have him. Then we can get our Line help.:D

Line help? What is the deal with trading down for line help in the draft? Who can we get that is going to help our line more than someone via free agency? There are a number of Guards and Centers in free agency that we are going to look at and possibly sign.

Originally posted by atloldskin

That facility is awesome and it does produce results.

Still, this board needs to forget about Mike Williams. It will not happen.

Why not?

His vertical jump is crazy. At 6'5" with a vertical jump he would be so valuable in the red zone, which was our weakness. There are a lot of questions about his year off. Hopefully we can get these answered during his private workouts and his visit to Redskin Park.

We will only trade down if we can get two first rounders and Mike Williams is not available....

Originally posted by Sebowski

I agree completely. I think we should trade down with what ever team is stupid enough to pick him that high, and let them have him. Then we can get our Line help.:D

Line help? What is the deal with trading down for line help in the draft? Who can we get that is going to help our line more than someone via free agency? There are a number of Guards and Centers in free agency that we are going to look at and possibly sign.

Originally posted by atloldskin

That facility is awesome and it does produce results.

Still, this board needs to forget about Mike Williams. It will not happen.

Why not?

His vertical jump is crazy. At 6'5" with a vertical jump he would be so valuable in the red zone, which was our weakness. There are a lot of questions about his year off. Hopefully we can get these answered during his private workouts and his visit to Redskin Park.

We will only trade down if we can get two first rounders and Mike Williams is not available....

Originally posted by cphil006

If you can't click this...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04/columns/story?columnist=feldman_bruce&id=1771789

read this...

The new strict diet was a drastic change for a guy who practically lived off McDonalds, Wendy's and late-night runs to Del Taco. So were the workouts....

McKay told Williams he based that on his film, his age and reports out of L.A. that the 6-5 receiver weighed around 245 and would run, at best, a 4.65. "I figured, 'Alright, my floor is 12-15, and 12 is not that far from 10. And that's if I show up at 240, and obviously that's not happening."

This article was from last year but even now there are a few things that bother me about drafting Williams.

1 - After all this training last year, he was still only able to run a 4.56 and 4.6 forty and wound up at about 228 lbs. I know forty times are not everything, but this guy is strictly a possession receiver in my book -- although I think he will be a good one in the red zone because of his height.

But do we need two possession receivers being that Coles has not fixed his toe? Keep in mind that Williams longest reception in 2 years, is only 40 yards!

2- Second, Williams admits that his weight tends to balloon up to 240 or beyond, because he likes junk food. After he runs a respectable forty and gets a big SIGNING BONUS, the question is: will he go back to his old, bad eating habits and get out of shape, which will cause him to lose even more speed. :rolleyes: A pig-out over one weekend and he could balloon up again to 250. :laugh:

I think taking Williams with the 9th pick would be a very risky pick IMHO. :) The last time we drafted a receiver this high, we wound up with the speedy Westbroken. :doh:

3- I would rather see the Skins sign more of a proven receiver -- like Burress -- so we have a better idea what we're getting. :)

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

This article was from last year but even now there are a few things that bother me about drafting Williams.

1 - After all this training last year, he was still only able to run a 4.56 and 4.6 forty and wound up at about 228 lbs. I know forty times are not everything, but this guy is strictly a possession receiver in my book -- although I think he will be a good one in the red zone because of his height.

228 lbs. at 6'5" isn't that fat. He is quite slender. Realize that he was more recruited for basketball out of high school. Red zone was our weakness.

But do we need two possession receivers being that Coles has not fixed his toe? Keep in mind that Williams longest reception in 2 years, is only 40 yards!

Be in mind as a fresh. and soph. he had over 1000 yards receiving each year. Have you seen the size of his hands. Our receivers can't get open, and when they do they drop the ball. He can catch better one-handed than any of our receivers can two-handed...

2- Second, Williams admits that his weight tends to balloon up to 240 or beyond, because he likes junk food. After he runs a respectable forty and gets a big SIGNING BONUS, the question is: will he go back to his old, bad eating habits and get out of shape, which will cause him to lose even more speed. :rolleyes: A pig-out over one weekend and he could balloon up again to 250. :laugh:

I think taking Williams with the 9th pick would be a very risky pick IMHO. :) The last time we drafted a receiver this high, we wound up with the speedy Westbroken. :doh:

3- I would rather see the Skins sign more of a proven receiver -- like Burress -- so we have a better idea what we're getting. :)

Plaxico Mexico is a thug. I played against him. Mike Williams is more dominating. he not only has size, he is more athletic than Plaxico.

Archived