Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Setting Themselves Up for Disaster

SNEET

Who is the Redskins' defensive player of the year?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Redskins' defensive player of the year?

• Ryan Clark
    • Cornelius Griffin
    • Antonio Pierce
    • Fred Smoot
    • Shawn Springs
    • Sean Taylor
    • Marcus Washington

Originally posted by Redsk58417

I dunno the Eagles "Downfall" but what is practiced has to be translated "ON THE FIELD" not on the side lines on game days. I never said "I hate Philly!" I dislike some of their fans behavior however. Maybe its that "I'm better than you" attitude that some Eagles fans have. Its like some Eagles fans think that other Team fans are "BENEATH" them. But that's the fans, i'm talking team here. The "TEAM" needs to play! Not half heartedly play and play scared of getting hurt. Which was the case for the last 3 or 4 weeks. You can argue it, but there is an argument going both ways here. Playing that way is like saying "We can turn it on WHENEVER we want to!" That! Is the attitude most of us "DO NOT" like! That is the loathed ****iness I was talking about. Pitt doesn't act that way, nor does Indy, or NE. Just Philly. Like the old Nike slogan "Just do it!"

but pitt and indy DID do almost the same thing yesterday.

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

and as for that stat about losing your last 2 games stuff.... guess that rules out the Atlanta Vicks too, huh ?

You mean the "Atlanta Vicks" that have the #1 rushing offense in the NFL? The "Atlanta Vicks" that have a great defense and excellent coaching?

I love when people say things like "the Atlanta Vicks" because I can instantly tell they don't know what the hell they are talking about and are pretty football-ignorant in general.

Last year in the final game of the season we played a lot of our starters against your Washington Redskins.

While I enjoyed blowing the Skins out, it obviously didn't produce very much momentum at all. In fact, all it did result in was Brian Westbrook(our best offensive player) tearing his triceps muscle and making our road to the Superbowl that much more difficult.

Momentum is a myth. In our first playoff game every member of our team will be healthy (minus TO). That gives us a much better chance at winning than winning an absolutely meaningless game against the Bengals would.

Yes, many people in Philadelphia share your sentiment. But then again, most Eagles fans criticize everything that the organization does no matter what, so that is worth very little as far as I'm concerned.

Originally posted by Redsk58417

I dunno the Eagles "Downfall" but what is practiced has to be translated "ON THE FIELD" not on the side lines on game days. I never said "I hate Philly!" I dislike some of their fans behavior however. Maybe its that "I'm better than you" attitude that some Eagles fans have. Its like some Eagles fans think that other Team fans are "BENEATH" them. But that's the fans, i'm talking team here. The "TEAM" needs to play! Not half heartedly play and play scared of getting hurt. Which was the case for the last 3 or 4 weeks. You can argue it, but there is an argument going both ways here. Playing that way is like saying "We can turn it on WHENEVER we want to!" That! Is the attitude most of us "DO NOT" like! That is the loathed ****iness I was talking about. Pitt doesn't act that way, nor does Indy, or NE. Just Philly. Like the old Nike slogan "Just do it!"

as for the fans... I hope you just take each one on their own merit ... i'm sure you'll meet some very respectful Eagles fans. :cheers:

as for the rest of what you wrote.... You could be right... you mentioned Pitt, NE, and the Colts.... well all 3 can't win it all this year.... so there is really no way to say which way is right.... if one looses, how can you know it wouldn't have been different if they rested some people more ???? If Philly somehow wins it, well, there goes that whole theory all together....

as for the loathed ****iness.... where were all those people when the Eagles lost Buckhalter in the first half of the NFCC game 3 years ago, or McNabb for the majority of the season 2 years ago, or Westbrook just before the playoffs last year.... ???? (note - I am NOT using any injury as an excuse... the Eagles got beat each year by the better team that day.... just making an example that the Eagles are healthier NOW, than they were entering any of the 3 previous post seasons..... which is why I think Andy is being SO cautious... and I agree with him)

Andy Reid is NOT ****y coach..... he is taking a gamble that it will be better to have this team as healthy as possible and get them going... then to keep them going and risk a potentially disastrous injury..... this team has been together for several years... they may not be able to "turn it on" as you say.... but I'll guarantee you that had McNabb or Westbrook had played 1/2 or a 1/4 of a game yesterday and one had gotten hurt.... they would have been in much worse shape

and had that happened, I would bet you there would be more than a few threads on message boards talking about how stupid Reid was to play his stars in a meaningless game..... it's a no win situation for Reid...

peace

I love all the wishfull thinking that goes on around here. I know you ahte the Eagles, just like I hate the Redskins, but can someone around here at least acknowledcge the fact that we have proven to be heads and shoulders above every other team in the NFC, and have yet to give any legitimate reason to suspect that we won't be in the Superbowl?

Atlanta has lost their last two games as well, and that included some PT for Vick. Why does no one expect them to be doomed?

Pittsburgh started Maddux and a few reserves on defense. The Eagles rested every valuable player on their roster. You cannot compare those two games in any way. we had a full team of 2s and 3s against a full team of Cinci starters.

The Eagles will play in two weeks with every player intact. Hollis Thomas will be back, Derrick Burgess will be back, Nate Wayne will be back, Chad Lewis.... everyone. We have never been at full strength in any of our "choke" playoff runs before.

If we lose this year, it will be becuase McNabb and Westbrook weren't able to step up and carry the burden of TO's injury. It will have nothing to do with Reid's decision to rest his starters.

Ummm, what exactly was your analysis of the final game last season (in which the Eagles scored touchdowns on their first four possesions, at which point McNabb left the game)?

As astronomical as I'm sure your football IQ is, it is possible for another teams fans to know what their talking about.

Lets talk football, rather than belittile one another with assanine remarks that carry no substance whatsoever.

Originally posted by HeavyHitta31

The Eagles will lose a 4th straight NFC title game and I will love every minute of it. Without TO, you have a piss poor offense that any D-Coordinator with half a brain can stop. Your defense is good but far from good enough to win games by themselves.

You mean just about the exact same piss poor offense that was 6th in the NFC in scoring offense last year ?

Great point.

You mean just about the exact same piss poor offense that was 6th in the NFC in scoring offense last year ?

Great point.

Without TO, you have one WR who is to scared to catch the ball and another who just sucks to much to catch it. You have maybe the most overated RB in the league who hasnt inpressed anyone this year. You have a QB who, without TO, will go back to his overated ways on blowing it in big games.

I would definitely call an offense that has the Conferences best QB, a RB that may be the most dynamic in football, a set of tight ends as good as any in the league, and a complete offensive line that has been playing together for nearly 4 years piss poor.

Pinkston and the wideouts are obviously a concern, but they only need to be mediocre to get us to the Superbowl. If one steps up(hopefully Freddie), the offense will be just fine.

Originally posted by OWUeagleMD

I would definitely call an offense that has the Conferences best QB, a RB that may be the most dynamic in football, a set of tight ends as good as any in the league, and a complete offensive line that has been playing together for nearly 4 years piss poor.

Pinkston and the wideouts are obviously a concern, but they only need to be mediocre to get us to the Superbowl. If one steps up(hopefully Freddie), the offense will be just fine.

I'd rather have Daunte, and I'm so tired of the way you guys hype up Westbrook.

Best QB in the conference LOL, most dynamic RB in football oh stop your killing me :laugh: Homerism at its finest. Daunte Culpepper is the NFC's best QB, and I can think of 15 backs I'd take over Westbrook, who is the 4th best RB in the NFC East. Two TEs as good as any in football? Once again, your best TE is at best 3rd in the NFC East, maybe 4th depending on how good Cooley turns out.

Great point.

It is NOT the same exact offense. You don't have Duce Staley to get all the tough yards on the ground. And you're #2 receiver right now is freakin Freddie Mitchell, not James Thrash (who led your team in receptions last year).

Well, he may not have impressed you, but Westbrook has impressed MANY people this season. Many people that have much more football knowledge than anyone on this message board (myself included obviously).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Trust me, I know how frustrating it can be to listen to opposing teams fans hype up players (cough Samuels, Lavar, Smoot, Coles, R. Thomas, Cooley, Brunell in the preseason etc.).

Were fans, our job is to overhype players.

That being said, Wesbtrook is the player that every defense we have played this season has focused their efforts on, not TO.

Originally posted by HeavyHitta31

Without TO, you have one WR who is to scared to catch the ball and another who just sucks to much to catch it. You have maybe the most overated RB in the league who hasnt inpressed anyone this year. You have a QB who, without TO, will go back to his overated ways on blowing it in big games.

Okay, now you are going overboard.

McNabb is an excellent QB, you have to at least admit that.

However, now that T.O. is gone, his best reciever is Brian Westbrook. Which is good because Westbrook sure as hell can't RUN the ball! :laugh:

The guy says "the Atlanta Vicks" when it is actually WAY MORE the "Philadelphia McNabbs". Atlanta has a better running game and better defense... and GUESS what wins in the playoffs?!?

Trust me, I know how frustrating it can be to listen to opposing teams fans hype up players (cough Samuels, Lavar, Smoot, Coles, R. Thomas, Cooley, Brunell in the preseason etc.).

That being said, Wesbtrook is the player that every defense we have played this season has focused their efforts on, not TO.

Has there ever been ANYONE who is just so flatout insolent towards the game? You dont know anything, and its showing...my goodness...

I love all the wishfull thinking that goes on around here. I know you ahte the Eagles, just like I hate the Redskins, but can someone around here at least acknowledcge the fact that we have proven to be heads and shoulders above every other team in the NFC, and have yet to give any legitimate reason to suspect that we won't be in the Superbowl?

The Eagles will play in two weeks with every player intact. Hollis Thomas will be back, Derrick Burgess will be back, Nate Wayne will be back, Chad Lewis.... everyone. We have never been at full strength in any of our "choke" playoff runs before.

If we lose this year, it will be becuase McNabb and Westbrook weren't able to step up and carry the burden of TO's injury. It will have nothing to do with Reid's decision to rest his starters.

This is what I'm talking about Terps. That ****iness right there! Like the Eagles are better becase they are.....the Eagles! It wouldn't be a problem if it was "ON THE EAGLES BOARD! But its not. See why they are despised? So that, is why they continue to reap the harvest of tough luck and better luck next time. Me personally? I don't mind the Eagles team per se' but most of their fans are smug as of late. Sorta like seeing a rich silver spoon fed person have to deal with adversity. This is the feeling that most NFC East teams fans get watching the Eagles suffer defeat every Jan.:laugh: When know your "The rich kid" of the NFC, but not having everything handed to you is somewhat gratifying.

Yeah, I'm sure the preseason Cooley hype matched the great Westbrook's. :rolleyes:

OK, I meant the combination of Lewis and LJ was as good as any in football, and that, is the truth. Don't make me laugh brining up Chris Cooley. Lewis has been to two pro-bowls.

I said dynamic runninback, not best. I could probably think of ten that are better than him as well, but not many are more difficult to plan against for defensive coordinators.

McNabb is better than Culpepper. Culpepper has been palying with better offenses his entire career than McNabb, and he palys 10 games every season in domes. McNabb is a better player.

Why did no one mention out O-Line? Everyone knows that is the most important part of any offense anyway, right?

Archived