Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gm

bmorris11

Originally posted by afparent

no, but I am in favor of getting Vinny out of the decision process

In reference to personnel evaluation, I agree. However, let him keep his input concerning the salary cap. I think he's done a damn good job with that. Also, I am in favor of a GM. However, I think it's unlikely that they get one.

The reason I don't think they will is b/cuz they have a Head Coach, Asst. Coach offense, and Asst. Coach defense, in addition to the respective Coordinators. So, I think the "coaches" have more time to evaluate talent since they are not also "coordinators".

I have been up and down on this issue but at the moment I am fine with the process we have in place, I think. The only move I am really unhappy about from this last offseason is the Brunell trade and signing. I could be happier with the Bailey/Portis trade but only in terms of the draft choice given up but at this point I think we got the better end of the deal, at least for this year.

Vinnie bothers me because I think he is too much of a "yes" man and not really capable of finding those UFA gems that used to be such a big part of the Washington teams of old. He has done alright in the first 3 rounds of the draft but he that should be a given. It is the hard to find personel that I want the guy in that position to be really good at.

Originally posted by Neophyte

Vinnie bothers me because I think he is too much of a "yes" man and not really capable of finding those UFA gems that used to be such a big part of the Washington teams of old. He has done alright in the first 3 rounds of the draft but he that should be a given. It is the hard to find personel that I want the guy in that position to be really good at.

BINGO. Very well said. Vinny is Danny's boy PERIOD. I have read quotes from other NFL front office guys, anonymous of course(!) who say they can't figure out why Vinny still has a job. I would love for a good, experienced guy or an up and comer with killer references, I just don't think it's gonna happen. Sadly.

Archived