Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reid/Eagles Should Be Ashamed.

bwall-2

Originally posted by carter23

i'm pretty sure absolutely nobody agrees with bwall on this one... yet if the eagles do lose, he will bring this thread back as the sole reason as to why they lost

The only people that seems to agree with me is a few good coaches.If the Eagles do lose in the 1st round of the playoffs,the only way I would bring back this post is if they really looked bad.If they lose,and it's competitive,I wouldn't say it was because of the layoff.

Originally posted by bwall-2

The only people that seems to agree with me is a few good coaches.If the Eagles do lose in the 1st round of the playoffs,the only way I would bring back this post is if they really looked bad.If they lose,and it's competitive,I wouldn't say it was because of the layoff.

I hate to inform you of this, but Cowher has just as many SuperBowl victories as Reid.

Originally posted by RonJeremy

Did Shanahan rest starters before their Super Bowl victories?? or are you just recalling one side of the arguement? If Shanahan had NEVER won a Super Bowl let alone 2...then that arguement might have merit.

If the Eagles choke..it will be because they are CHOKERS...not because they rested some players.

:laugh: The TRUTH! :laugh:

Btw, just got done reading this entire thread, and gotta admit :sucks:.

Originally posted by TexasEagle

The whole turning it on/ off thing is garbage nonsense. If that made any sense why would teams play for the 1st round byes? By that logic it'd be better to play the wildcard straight through to the end since the team will have never had to "turn it off" in the first place. What a load of crap. Right up there with all the other stupid and cliched axioms that get thrown around way too much.

Besides, if players can't get up for a playoff game they have no business being in the NFL anyway.

Well, I understand the arguement about players being rusty. Consider that the Eagles starters will have been on "vacation" for a month when they take the field for their first playoff game...that's a little more than the bye week off to heal. That is a significant amount of time....but...

...honestly, I would rather lose because the players were rusty (and I can bi+ch about them the whole off-season) than to lose a star player in a meaningless game and wonder what could have been???

I agree with what Reid did. The layoff may come back to bite the Eagles in the a$$, but that's a lot easier to take than losing McNabb or Westbrook after already losing TO.

Originally posted by TexasEagle

The whole turning it on/ off thing is garbage nonsense. If that made any sense why would teams play for the 1st round byes? By that logic it'd be better to play the wildcard straight through to the end since the team will have never had to "turn it off" in the first place. What a load of crap. Right up there with all the other stupid and cliched axioms that get thrown around way too much.

Besides, if players can't get up for a playoff game they have no business being in the NFL anyway.

There's a difference between taking one week off from playing and taking 3-4 weeks off. Even an Eagles fan should be able to figure that out.

I didn't feel good about throwing the game, but having a healthy Westbrook, Mcnabb, and Kearse (specifically- though I don't want any injuries) is more important.

In addition to being healthy, they will be fresh in comparison to a team that has been leaving it out on the field for 2 months straight and is dead tired.

I don't think there is a specific trend one way or the other as to how these situations should be handled, but I can't fault Reid for sitting guys considering what has happened the last 3 years with injuries, what happened to T.O. last week, and considering they have nothing to gain by going out and killing themselves for the win.

Archived