Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i don`t understand

Rock 56

I thought that when p-ram was the qb we`d throw the deep ball but it appears that after 2 incomplete passes they decided to shut it down.when we had the ball 3rd and goal just before halftime why not take a shot in the endzone instead of a 3 or 4 yard pass.50/50 needs to be traded and d-mac moved up the wr chart.what happened to the vertical passing game that gibbs teams once had?we need to cut down on max protection and just spread the field with 4 wide and maybe hit a big play once this year.i think gibbs needs to hire big time OC to run the offense because his schemes are just not getting it done period.WHAT IS OUR MOST IMPORTANT NEED COME THE DRAFT AND FREE AGENCY?

wow you got this thread going in many different directions. IMO gibbs was giving pat some easy short passes to get his confidence back. I figured it would last for the first quarter or so. The air coryell system will be put in place evntually, I hope. McCants will get his chance. Our most important needs for the offseason are probably OL and d-line yet again. It all starts in the trenches. Of course I'm counting on ramsey doing well or that might become our #1 priority.

I didn't see Sunday's Philadelphia game on TV, but I did listen to it on the radio in Los Angeles, where Doc Walker was the color -- no pun intended -- radio announcer.

Even Doc Walker criticized Gibbs during the game for the playcalling and all the short passing, saying "once in awhile you've got to take some chances and take some long shots -- passes -- down the field."

Originally posted by Rock 56

I thought that when p-ram was the qb we`d throw the deep ball but it appears that after 2 incomplete passes they decided to shut it down.when we had the ball 3rd and goal just before halftime why not take a shot in the endzone instead of a 3 or 4 yard pass.50/50 needs to be traded and d-mac moved up the wr chart.what happened to the vertical passing game that gibbs teams once had?we need to cut down on max protection and just spread the field with 4 wide and maybe hit a big play once this year.i think gibbs needs to hire big time OC to run the offense because his schemes are just not getting it done period.WHAT IS OUR MOST IMPORTANT NEED COME THE DRAFT AND FREE AGENCY?

There are many thoughts in this one paragraph.

We did throw deep.......and the passes were over thrown on at least 2 occasions.

When we were 3rd and goal.....well, hindsight is 20/20 isn't it? Why in the world were we NOT pushing Portis and Betts? Who is to say the shot in the end zone would have made any difference?

Passes were short......which is ok if they continue to move us down the field.....and the first downs continue.

R Gardner is definitely living up to the 50/50 name. D Mac should be able to have a better game .......as he and Ramsey have been practicing together all year.

Patrick has a hard time WITH the max protection.....so how will he fair with the spread? Is he mobile enough?

Gibbs hiring an OC? I think an GM is more important than an OC at this point.......as we DO have the draft and free agency coming up.

Blondie

Originally posted by bubba9497

hard to throw deep when wr are not open deep.

and when we did go deep, the ball was overthrown or dropped.

we threw more than 2 times downfield

It makes it even tougher, when you get to the end of your 7-step drop and you get sandwiched between 2 DEs. Ray Brown can't do the duck step, too slow. Dockery gets pushed around a lot.

It was just another game to send us into depression for a week. :laugh:

Seriously. Ramsey is rusty. It's apparent. He will shine. I have no doubt we'll see more accuracy agains Pittsburg. Each game he'll get better.

I think Gibbs did back off. Was it right? I don't know. Was there a lot of conservative, questionable playcalls throughout the game? Yes, imho. I think Gibbs needs to put a cot in his office and spend a whole night coming up with a new plan. The conservative playcalling is hindering us. I'm not saying Gibbs has lost it. No. I just think there is an adjustment to be made. Will he make it? Well, I know Joe. And, maybe not this year, but he will make the adjustment and we will see ourselves in the playoffs in the near future. Count on it!

Well all of the criticism that I have heard has been that we play a too conservitive game. It does appear that way but the different in this team by seing the players was that they wanted to win. They were playing hard but working on the wrong Jungle.

Gibbs is taking it real slow. I know that it sucks for us the fans, with our wanting to win now attitude, but Gibbs is bringing everybody along at a slow pace to make sure that everybody is fully aware of their own responsabilties. In the long run this dinking and dunking will payoff, maybee not this year, but soon.

Archived