Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thomas Edison once said...

RedskinLifer

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."

Listen, this season is a wash, and we all know that. Having said that, we have a legend, no we have our legend, back and he'll fix this.

I haven't been around long, but all of the Redskins fans I know have long fallen back on the axiom that if Gibbs were here, then he'd fix everything. Give him time.

Gibbs history was forged on his ability to change his system to fit the talent he has. He'll do the same here. We have so many holes left from last season's team, it is too much to ask any man to fix in ten months.

If we can see these holes, then you know that Gibbs can. Let's give him time to correct them before we run him off. We've got the man back who can fix this. We can't give up on him now that we're closer than we've ever been.

I'm mad as hell too. My column will show that. But it's like being mad at a family member; you get angrier than you ever could at a stranger, but you love them all the same.

We're better now at 3-7 with Gibbs, than we ever were at any other record with any other coach.

Originally posted by scskin

didn't he also say necessity is the mother of invention. Hence my post about going back to the Original Gibbs offense.

didn't he also say "You can't have penalties in the red zone...PERIOD!"

hence my reply about the players not smart enough to play in Gibbs offense.

Originally posted by scskin

didn't he also say necessity is the mother of invention. Hence my post about going back to the Original Gibbs offense.

Agatha Christie used the phrase in a portion of a quote, but the actual author escapes me.

Whatever his reason for his offense, I'm sure it makes more sense once you know the whole story, and we don't know the whole story.

We can't judge Gibbs, or Ramsey, by this game or this season.

Originally posted by RedskinLifer

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."

Tell that to Steve Spurrier. And Snyder for firing Schottenheimer. Or we could make a case for all the roster turnover since not having a real GM.

Thomas Edison never tried to run a football team. Inventing things on your own is easy, nobody's breathing fire down your neck asking why something's not done yet.

Archived