Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marty not interested in Leeuwenburg or Hill???

Buddha

The Washington Post (in the Bruce Smith article already posted below) says something similar, but words it diferently and seems to indicate that Marty has put Leuwenberg and Hill on the back burner while he looks for a safety.

I read into it that he is the only one really looking at Hill and Leuwenberg, so he can ice them for a while and look at other players and other needs. I also assume that although there are a few safeties out there, he is in the hunt for someone in particular and is concentrating on him.

The Post also had a blurb that the Marty might be interested in RB Jonathon Linton, ex Bills. He's another guy that looked decent as a backup in 1999, but disappeared last year.

I read the Jonathan Linton thing as well. How about Antowain Smith? Huntley is a Panther now, so he is no longer an option. Murrell has been cut again, poor guy. At one time, I thought he was going to be a great RB.

------------------

Randy Redskin

Fan for Life

Guest Trevor

Antowain Smith signed with the Patriots today, so he is no longer an option.

[edited.gif by Trevor on June 07, 2001.]

With all due respect to Lew and Hill,

Marty's has every intention of being back "real" quick, to

the bargaining table to see if he can secure their signatures.

Since this somewhat better than average bumper crop came up of Safeties and we're in the hunt, Marty, his brother and Scheider are on it.

When the right one for Kurt's D is signed, then we're that much closer to (as Pete put it) "D" Day, the money available and the options get a bit clearer. Hill's chances went up a notch, with some other signings, but hold on, something could develop in the background, as Stephen Davis eventually came to the forefront, at least as a backup and blocker back in his lean days and history could repeat (that player might already be at Redskins Park).

Hill must show a little committment, not a nose for Indigo ink as we have released quite a few of these, and I don't see Marty becoming a dumb man overnight.

[edited.gif by indyskinsfan on June 07, 2001.]

Archived