Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our defense is just sick!!!

The Wicked Wop

I feel real good about this defense. I am extremely impressed with the tackling. The D will keep us in every game. You have to believe, if this team keeps their head up, when this offense starts clicking, we can go on a long winning streak. After the bye week, our whole team is going to be nasty!

Although the D played well again on Sunday, considering they were on the field half the day, initially I didnt see the same gameplan we saw against the Bucs. I really thought we'd see that attack blitzing style D in the first three games against three imobile qbs and suspect offensive lines. Did the Giants just pick up the blitz and I missed it or did we lay off a little (i.e. no where near the pressure from Bowen as we saw in the first game) Any thoughts?

The defense is playing "EXREME"ly well right now. It's very encouraging but I do wish they had dropped Warner with more frequency. I know that rushing the throws are very important but still, Warner was able to avoid the rushers a couple of times and he is not the poster-child for agility in the pocket. I am very excited to see what happens when Taylor is ready to stay back in coverage allowing GW to bring Bowen. (Bowen's coverage techniques certainly leave something to be desired but damn the kid can rush).

It actually looks strange seeing a Redskin team that stops the run! It's been 12 years since we last saw it. Our DL has the obvious pass-rushing deficiency, but I'm very impressed with how they are eating up blockers on running plays and clogging all the gaps.

Archived