Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoking Gun: Part Deux

Ignatius J.

Why DOES this offense suck?

well, one individual has underperformed any other on the field of play.

James Thrash.

It never struck me because I loved his block on the portis play, but then it hit me. This guy is on the field almost as much as gardner, (I haven't counted, but we seem to rarely go 2 wide, it's 1 or 3) but he has yet to catch a ball.

Blocking is great, but you simply cannot be a reciever who doesn't catch balls. We're not a particularly star studded offense, we get the ball around pretty evenly. And thrash has no catches.

Next time we go three wide, we might want to consider putting molinaro out there. I mean, if thrash's job is to block, I'm sure we can find some better blockers to put on the field, I mean imagine what molinaro could do to Newman.

If we go with ramsey against dallas (and I think we should) we can count on more redzone trips, and that means we'll want mccants. McCants is a valuable member of this team, even if all he does is catch touchdowns. WE need to find a roster spot, and I think that spot is thrash's.

It's time to see what jacobs and mccants can do on the field because thrash isn't cutting it.

It would be a bad idea not to at least mention that the problems are deeper than one person and that there is plenty of blame to go around, starting with gibbs and working its way down. However, I think it is hard to argue that thrash has given us much compared to any other member of the offense. He is clearly the weakest link in my estimation. There are other weaknesses, but this one is glaring.

Unless of course gibbs decides to go with thrash some more, in which case, I never said nothin....

I dont even get this thead.

Nothing wrong with thrash.

first of all you cant get receptions if the ball is not thrown at you.

I ve not seen brunell throw alot to thrash. brunell hasnt thrown to coles alot either. it seems like brunell's fav recevier is garnder which is kinda sad.

second, i promise you if the ball was thrown to thrash, you would not see that many drop passes.

Originally posted by Ignatius J.

Why DOES this offense suck?

well, one individual has underperformed any other on the field of play.

James Thrash.

It never struck me because I loved his block on the portis play, but then it hit me. This guy is on the field almost as much as gardner, (I haven't counted, but we seem to rarely go 2 wide, it's 1 or 3) but he has yet to catch a ball.

Blocking is great, but you simply cannot be a reciever who doesn't catch balls. We're not a particularly star studded offense, we get the ball around pretty evenly. And thrash has no catches.

Next time we go three wide, we might want to consider putting molinaro out there. I mean, if thrash's job is to block, I'm sure we can find some better blockers to put on the field, I mean imagine what molinaro could do to Newman.

If we go with ramsey against dallas (and I think we should) we can count on more redzone trips, and that means we'll want mccants. McCants is a valuable member of this team, even if all he does is catch touchdowns. WE need to find a roster spot, and I think that spot is thrash's.

It's time to see what jacobs and mccants can do on the field because thrash isn't cutting it.

It would be a bad idea not to at least mention that the problems are deeper than one person and that there is plenty of blame to go around, starting with gibbs and working its way down. However, I think it is hard to argue that thrash has given us much compared to any other member of the offense. He is clearly the weakest link in my estimation. There are other weaknesses, but this one is glaring.

Unless of course gibbs decides to go with thrash some more, in which case, I never said nothin....

Did thrash fumble those balls? Did thrash throws those interceptions?

Enough said!

Originally posted by Mufumonk

Did Thrash get open even 1 time in the last 2 games? :D

I can tell you yes for the first game because I have season tickets and was there... IT is a little harder to see on tv when you can't watch everyone though... So not too sure on the giants game

Originally posted by pez

I can tell you yes for the first game because I have season tickets and was there... IT is a little harder to see on tv when you can't watch everyone though... So not too sure on the giants game

Count me in as one who attended the Bucs game, and I honestly can't remember seeing Thrash open at all.

What’s wrong with being used to block and never being open? Washington’s offense is skewed more towards running so receivers who go out and just block all day (and not complain about getting zero catches) are great. The fact that he is a competent receiver requires defenses to account for him, if he is left open he is more of a threat to go all the way over the usual blocking TE. If he rarely gets open doesn’t that mean Thrash has done the job of simplifying the defense for the other ten guys on the field?

I'm all for deadly aerial attacks on the field but I don’t think that’s the direction this year’s team is striving to be. I see Thrash being used very sparingly this year in teh passing game, but when the time comes it’ll be dramatic. Touchdown on third and twenty during a playoff run sort of dramatic. :cool:

Archived