Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When was the last time we EVER had a number ranked defense?

The_Posse91

Pierce was impressive during Sunday's 16-10 victory at FedEx Field as Tampa Bay was held to 169 total yards, giving Washington's defense the NFL's top ranking after Week 1.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21598-2004Sep14.html

Pierce is definetly turning heads I say he's a our starter the rest of the season at middle linebacker. i had this strange feeling that he had something special about him, he's been on our roster for what it seems like forever for some reason.

Yeah I dont like people talking so much about this #1 defense ranking. B/c you are right Slammer, we were #1 after week 1 last year.

Actually, I hate to be the pessimistic one, but last weeks victory over the Bucs almost exactly resembles our first win last year.

But the only difference is now we have Gibbs/Williams/Bugel and Portis. So we'll be better off.

Originally posted by Mister Happy

Well, the first good offense the Skins play is week 8 against the Packers.

Interesting statement considering Dallas is the #5 ranked offense the league this week and #1 in passing offense by 32 ypg. I am not saying they will stay here and we all know they played a semi-weak Minnesota defense but I don't think we can NOT call the Dallas offense good at this point.

Archived