Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great moments in history...

Just wanted to share one of the most memorable moments in my life with all of you REDSKINS fans before the game tonite.

In 1983, I was stationed in Germany while serving in the military.

I was out in the field on an exercise for Super Bowl 17 Redskins - vs Dolphins. I so much wanted to listen to the game on the radio that, alas, I volunteered for KP duty just so that the cooks would let me listen to their radio. I was an E-5 Sergeant at the time and this was unheard of for a Sergeant to be scrubbing pots and pans out in the field.

Well, was it worth it? I will never forget these great words spoken by the overseas sports announcer...

" It is 4th down and 1 for the Redskins... the handoff is to Riggins... he may have the 1st down... he may have more... he may go all the way!..... TOUCHDOWN!!! ... WASHINGTON REDSKINS!!!"

I had no REDSKINS fans to celebrate with because the cooks were all dolphins fans. I could not sleep for the rest of the night because I could not wait to be the messenger for all of my friends of the great news. WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

Hey, I was stationed overseas in Guam. Guam TV was not live at the time, but the island put together some money and would put the SuperBowl on live every year. I was lucky enough to be off that day and watched the game at a friends house who was a Skins fan. i just remember jumping off the couch when riggo scored the touchdown.

Originally posted by afparent

Hey, I was stationed overseas in Guam. Guam TV was not live at the time, but the island put together some money and would put the SuperBowl on live every year. I was lucky enough to be off that day and watched the game at a friends house who was a Skins fan. i just remember jumping off the couch when riggo scored the touchdown.

Originally posted by afparent

Riggo was da man!!!

Archived