Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaVar's Absence

Nicealot

I think it's good for LaVar to see that the team can win without him -- a shutout to boot. Although it was only a preseason game, I think that he needs to realize that all of the LBs are taking their jobs very seriously and that if he decides to play recklessly and get stupid penalties, he can be benched.

i don't think that lavar necessarily has to worry about that anymore.

he's had coaches that he liked, but not as many that he respected, imo.

i know lewis was awesone as the DC, but remember the most dominant D that blatimore had? it was williams's that lead the league in total D that year.

i just think that lavar sees the total commitment from top to bottom coaching-wise this time around. there is not denying his ability. once the belief in a total system comes around, there is really no limit.

I think LaVar wants to get paid and I mean through indorsements. I think he knows the best way to do that is to play in the playoffs and superbowl. I honestly believe he will be the consumate team leader this year. I honestly think he can win Defensive Player of the Year.

I think Lavar has a right to be frustrated with the past seasons, a lot of instability. Try working for 5 different bosses and see how frustrated you would feel. Anyway, I have no doubt that Lavar wants to win and will follow his assignments.

Originally posted by Nicealot

I think it's good for LaVar to see that the team can win without him -- a shutout to boot. Although it was only a preseason game, I think that he needs to realize that all of the LBs are taking their jobs very seriously and that if he decides to play recklessly and get stupid penalties, he can be benched.

I think one of the keys with Williams' schemes is that there is no "I" in them. There are no "Leons" here & recklessness on the field are gonna be a thing of the past. Everyone will be playing with a straight head on their shoulders. So, I don't see Arrington getting "benched" because of stupid mistakes.

Archived