Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Atlanta waives ex-Cowpuke CB Derek Ross

I bet he probably returns to the Cowpukes, who are looking for CB help. :rolleyes:

-- Falcons Make Player Moves --

Wed Aug 18, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports The Falcons waived third-year cornerback Derek Ross , and re-signed rookie free agent cornerback Pat Ricketts. Ross was a third-round pick of the Cowboys in 2002, when he started nine games and had five interceptions. He was injured during much of training camp, missing more than a week with knee tendinitis.

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

I bet he probably returns to the Cowpukes, who are looking for CB help. :rolleyes:

-- Falcons Make Player Moves --

Wed Aug 18, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports The Falcons waived third-year cornerback Derek Ross , and re-signed rookie free agent cornerback Pat Ricketts. Ross was a third-round pick of the Cowboys in 2002, when he started nine games and had five interceptions. He was injured during much of training camp, missing more than a week with knee tendinitis.

Is this the guy who was cut by Parcells for randomly walking up to a club and getting hit by a stray bullet? How come the NFLPA didn't come to that guy's rescue?

Originally posted by DCMONEY

He has to be better than Jimoh. Its funny this guy has got cut twice in 3 years. One of my boys who's a cowbum fan used to brag on this cat all the time. I'm gonna bring this up to him.

My best friend is a cowboys fan too and he brags on him big time. He was cut to send a message by Parcells if I remember correctly. I agree, he has to be better than Jimoh........

He was cut by Parsells because he had an attitude problem. It was big news here in Dallas because everyone thought he had a big future with the Cowboys but Parsells was having problems with him so cut, thus sending a message to the rest of the team. He (Ross that is) is not Redskins materiel.

Besides, at this point I don't see us keeping more then 5 CB's and we have Smoot, Springs, Harris, Bauman and Brown. Don't need to fill Jimoh's spot.

Archived