Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pete Kendall anybody?

Sphinx

He's better as a guard, but can play any position except LT. If I recall he even came into the league out of Boston College as a RT. A lineup of Samuels, Dockery, Raymer/Friedman, Thomas, and Kendall doesn't look too bad considering what we have to work with. Dockery and Kendall could possibly switch positions as well.

Jets Sign G Pete KendallPrint this article | Email this article

August 6, 2004

By SportsTicker

HEMPSTEAD, New York (Ticker) - The New York Jets shored up their offensive line Friday, signing veteran guard Pete Kendall.

Terms were not disclosed for Kendall, who was released by the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday. He was scheduled to make $2.75 million this season and $2 million in 2005 before his release.

Kendall, 31, started 13 games at center for the Cardinals last season. But in New York, the 6-5, 285-pounder will shift to left guard since the Jets have perennial Pro Bowler Kevin Mawae firmly entrenched at center. He played next to Mawae in Seattle from 1996-97.

"It's my expectation right now that I will move into the lineup at the left guard spot," Kendall said. "I'm sure they want to put their best five forward and I just hope when we play in September that I'm one of the five."

An eight-year veteran, Kendall spent the first five years of his career with Seattle after being selected 21st overall in 1996.

Archived